Sunday, September 2, 2012

Fab Friday Evergreen


Isn't this an awesome sketch?  My friend Mindy just started a stamping challenge blog!  With both her and my buddy Marla on the design team, I just had to go play along!   It was tough to give My Digital Studio the night off, but it was fun to go pull out real paper and stamps too.  :)   


I love non-traditional colors for Christmas and was inspired by the Festival of Prints stack to use Island Indigo and Early Espresso.   There's a hint of Baja Breeze in there too course.   I will admit that the amount of white space stresses me out but I'm leaving it alone.  I'm not sure why it's so hard for me to leave paper unstamped!   I think I'm a bit crazy.  Ha!    I hope you'll find time to go play along in their very first challenge.  The design team is AWESOME and have made a ton of great samples for inspiration!  

Stamps:  Evergreen, Teeny Tiny Wishes, All Holidays (retired)
Ink:  Island Indigo, Early Espresso
Paper:  Island Indigo, Early Espresso, Baja Breeze, Whisper White, Festival of Prints DSP, Silver Glimmer paper
Tools/Accessories:  Big Shot, Finishing Touches Edgelits, Holiday Collection Framelits, 2011-2013 In Color Polka Dot brads, glue pen, Dazzling Diamonds


She just keeps growing!  They need to make a special bouncy set for girls with long legs. :)  

12 comments:

  1. Love, love, love it! I need to use more of that paper stack!!! And wow is she getting big....or long, hehe! Thanks for playing with us:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving the non-trad colors! Great job and I can't believe how long that pretty little lady is! :) Thanks for playing with us at Fab Fri. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just when I decide not to buy that set, you go and make something gorgeous with it!
    Love it Rita.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! I also love non-traditional colors for Christmas cards and this is perfect! Love the little bit of shimmer from the star. Glad you got a chance to play along!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! The tree looks awesome with these colors. And the white space looks great, it keeps the focus on the tree....don't worry about it! Thanks for playing along with us at Fab Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great way to use that DP---and all the white space is perfect, I wouldn't add a thing!
    Your wee one DOES have some nice long legs--she is getting bigger & cuter by the day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it, love everything about it! Gorgeous colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Island Indigo and I don't know why I don't use it more! It makes a fantastic Christmas card too - white space and all! Thanks for turning me onto another challenge blog. It's just what the doctor ordered to keep those creative juices flowing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love the colors you used! So pretty - and so is that long legged beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Christmas card, will have to check out the new challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous, Rita! Love the colors for a Christmas card and the Island Indigo tree is fabulous! Laila's growing some gorgeous gams! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is awesome, Rita! I love the colors, you've combined them with flair, as always! The glittery star is the perfect complement to the rich colors.

    Love that sweet baby photo too!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)