Wednesday, September 12, 2012

FMS: One Year!


Time to celebrate!  Today is challenge #52 from Freshly Made Sketches.  We have officially been going for one year now.  I wish I could say I'd done all 52, but pregnancy and a baby had me taking some time off.   I'm hoping to return with this sketch, but we'll see how things go.  Anyway, for this week we invite you to pick any of our previous sketches and work your magic!



This is one of the sketches that I missed while on my break. I really wanted to play along that week but just couldn't get things together to do it.  I jumped at the chance to do it this week and it was just as much fun as I thought it would be!  If you want to see the original creations from the design team, you can find them here


Look at all that Very Vanilla.  You already know that it's stressing me out.  :)   lol  I think it's a fun card though and it used up a few strips of DSP that were in my scrap pile.  I can't ever seem to use up my scraps.  If you see me on a episode of Hoarders, my house will probably be covered in paper scraps from my cardmaking.  

Stamps:  Bright Hopes (retired)
Ink: Cherry Cobbler
Paper: Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla, Lucky Limeade, Festival of Prints DSP
Tools/Accessories:  Big Shot, Snowburst, Petals-a-Plenty, and Lacy Brocade embossing folders, Regals buttons, Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine, Basic Pearls


She's found her hands and thinks they are quite tasty!  :)

12 comments:

  1. agree this is a great sketch. I love the card you created!
    Laila is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card and baby Rita!

    I love the little embossed tree, it is so cute!
    The scraps and the vanilla look great too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow ... looove that tree with all that gorgeous embossing! Your pretty trio of patterned papers adds beautiful touch of colour and texture!

    Happy Anniversary my friend and thank for being a part of this wonderful team - cos I never would have gotten to know you and your beautiful lil daughter ... all the best to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rita! Love your Christmas card! Just beautiful! Laila is beautiful too! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is darling, and your little Laila is absolutely precious!!

    Just in case you're considering giving Laila a pacifier to keep her from sucking her thumb, I highly recommend letting her use her very accessible thumb instead. My daughter sucked her thumb until she was 5 and she is now almost 15 and has perfect teeth - with no need for braces. I chose to give my son (now 12) a pacifier once he began sucking his thumb and really regretted it as it was forever getting dirty, lost, as well as other issues. Just my two cents ;-).

    Have a beautiful day and enjoy your precious little one Ü

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the card! The different folders you used look great and compliment each other very nicely. I also love the pearl accents on the tree- so pretty! I'm proud of you for leaving so much vanilla on your card front- progress, my friend!

    Laila is growing so fast and is such a little beauty! Love her! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Holiday card! The embossing and layers are wonderful! And your Laila is a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think all that vanilla is great - especially since it's all decked out with texture! And the little tree is so sweet! I'm so glad you came back for our anniversary challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely fabulous, Rita! I LOVE it! Did you punch the tree? Laila is sooooo precious! And nope...no pacifier for Brady and no braces! In fact he has perfect trumpet embouchure! lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Rita! I love it! My favourite Christmas colours! Love all that embossing! So festive! Laila is ADORABLE! Wow! She's growing too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad to have you back this week, Rita! I've missed you and your creations! This card is no exception! I love all the layers of texture, especially how you even embossed your tree. Really great Christmas card for my CASE file! Hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another one of your cards in my CASE file. I love all the embossing and the bits of paper, and the button threaded with twine!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)