Saturday, August 3, 2013

More Dirty Cards!


I managed to stamp a bit over the past few days, but not as much as I would have liked.  This is a card I made on Thursday and finished up yesterday.  All that I'm sharing are for the Dare to Get Dirty challenges.  The deadline for them is Monday, so I am not going to get many more finished.  I will try to use one with my Sunday scrap challenge tomorrow for sure though!   This one is kinda fun and uses some contraband that I recently fell in love with.  I make cards for a local shop and needed some easy teacher ideas I could whip up in a hurry!  This fits the bill!

Stamps:  PTI Wonderful Words: Teacher, Perfectly Preserved
Ink:  Real Red, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip
Paper:  PTI White, Real Red Core'dinations
Tools:  Big Shot, Sizzix Reading, Writing, and Arithmetic EF, Cannery Framelits, PTI Wonderful Words Teacher die


A simple one, but I think it's kinda cute.  I used Pool Party with Crumb Cake and I really like that combination!  

Stamps:  Perfect Blend
Ink:  Pool Party, Early Espresso
Paper: Crumb Cake, Pool Party, In Color DSP stack (retired), Whisper White
Accessories:  Crumb Cake seam binding, SAB buttons (retired), Pool Party Baker's Twine (retired)
Tools: Heidi Swapp stencil


I don't really like this one, but I thought I'd share it anyway.  It uses ribbon scraps and some old DSP.  I struggled a lot today with my stamping. My mind is just a bit cluttered with all that's going on this week.   I guess I stamped more for the therapy aspect than the "I'm going to wow people with this cards" one.   

Stamps:  Happy Day
Ink:  Old Olive
Paper:  Old Olive, Subtles DSP stack (retired), Whisper White
Accessories:  Brights buttons (retired) White Baker's Twine, Basic Rhinestones, ribbon scraps
Tools:  Big Shot, Heart framelits


After bath picture. :)  She's getting so big!  Today was a bit better than yesterday as she slept all night and then napped okay.  Jason looked and thinks she might have TWO molars coming in.  I'd be totally grumpy too!!!!   We gave her some Advil last night before bed and again tonight, so I hope that helps her sleep.   I think it might work better than the Tylenol that we tried earlier today.  I'm feeling even more clueless than normal lately with all her new independence and tantrums.  Kids really should come with a manual! 

3 comments:

  1. Love them all Rita! Especially the teacher card though :) They're all gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rita,
    As a retired teacher, I love the PTI & Sizzix tools you used. As a Stampin' Up aficionado, I love your redemption with Perfect Blend! Who says you have to use only SU products? Yes, I agree that babies need a manual tailored to each baby. I did what our parents did with us and our son turned out great! Hang in there, Mom. Nancy B

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the Perfect Blend card....great color scheme and I have been over the top on the stamp set so am happy to get some additional ideas for using it.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)