Sunday, August 4, 2013

Stampin' Up! Love & Sympathy


I combined my scrap card with a Dare To Get Dirty challenge this week.  Everything on it minus the base and first layer came out of my scrap bags.  The base, layer, and ribbon were all left from yesterday's stamping, so I was happy to use those up too!  I don't really know how to do sympathy cards that well because I like fun cards, so hopefully this one is okay.  

Do you like the Crumb Cake layer? I inked up the Dictionary background here and there with Versamark and then stamped it.  I like the hint of words without stamping the entire layer.  It adds interest but doesn't overwhelm the card.  I also sponged pretty much all the layers with Whisper White craft ink to soften it a bit.

Stamps:  Love & Sympathy, Teeny Tiny Wishes, Dictionary
Paper:  Pool Party, Crumb Cake, Textured Whisper White (retired), scraps
Ink:  Versamark, Crumb Cake, Pool Party
Accessories:  Crumb Cake Seam Binding, Neutrals buttons (retired)
Tools:  Big Shot, Perfect Pennants die, 2 1/2 circle punch


Laila got to go play in her pool again today. Amazingly, she was able to crawl in and out of it all by herself.  I was a nervous wreck, but Jason stayed close just in case she slipped.   She had an okay day today.   Jason checked her mouth and he said he thinks she's getting four molars!   Three of them have broken through the gums already (some more than others) and the other one is just really swollen.  Poor baby.   She won't let us brush them at all right now because it's so painful.  :(

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this, Rita! I really like what you did with the Dictionary stamp -- great effect.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)