Wednesday, October 2, 2013

FMS106: Merry Christmas


This was one of those cards that almost didn't happen.   I had a pretty rough month last month and then started this month off with yet another bad day.  I planned to take this week off from Freshly Made Sketches because I've just been too upset/depressed to stamp. My awesome teammates gave me a pep talk and I decided to go stamp (or try to) last night after dinner.  This is what I came up with.  It's by no means the best card ever, but I'm happy I made something.  It helped so much! Our sketch this week was by the talented and oh so sweet Amy

Isn't that a great sketch?   As you can tell from all the design team samples, the possibilities are endless!  :)


Laila got her very own page in the Hope Calendar this year!   :)   I just love it and I can't wait to get one.  If you'd like to support a wonderful charity, you can purchase a copy here.

15 comments:

  1. I'm glad they were able to talk you into some stamping, because I love this card! The red and green looks terrific against the white.

    As for Miss Laila, I LOVE that photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is fabulous!
    Its fresh and just perfect!
    And Laila... growing up so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card! Your daughter is beautiful! I know life can be so tough - just keep stamping and chugging along. You will have better days ahead. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card and am so happy you created it! Beautiful and CASE worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rita, I'm sorry you have had a tough month. I hope you feel better soon. Your card is just lovely! You do such a nice job, and I love your style. I'm glad you didn't skip the FMS as I was anxious to see what you would come up with. Laila is so sweet. Enjoy every moment as best as you can.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry and bright for sure! And you daughter is the sweetest angel......beautiful picture!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is everything a Christmas card should be! I love the stars with the bling! (There's a "star" challenge this week at Festive Friday. Just sayin'). And it's no surprise that Laila made it on the calendar. She's the sweetest thing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry you have been have a bad time but certainly glad you did some stamping. This is such a lovely card. Love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have missed reading your posts and seeing your beautiful creations (cards AND daughter :o) ) Thank you for sharing.
    Hugs from Alberta, Canada

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this card Rita! It looks so festive and especially fun with those added stars and bling! I hope that your October goes better than September! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful, Rita! I love the crisp look of red on white, and this card is definitely crisp and festive. So glad you stamped this one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your card Rita! You know I am a big fan of lots of white and I really like how you used it with this sketch. A great Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rita this is such a gorgeous Xmas card - I'm loving all that white!
    What a stunning photo of Laila that you've shared!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is fabulous Rita, I love papers and stars. The photo is darling.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are such an inspiration, Rita. You always put your best foot forward and I admire you so much. And it just kills me that you make a card that looks like this when you're having a bad stampin' day! This card is stinkin' AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)