Wednesday, October 9, 2013

HYCCT Fails


Another of my Hope You Can Cling To cards.  I don't think I like this one and sadly, it's the second attempt at this challenge!   I think I have some sort of mental block going on because I can't get this challenge completed and I've been stuck and not stamping for a couple days now.  I'm a few behind, which is NOT good if I hope to do them all. Hopefully I get a burst of creativity soon so I can stamp out some cards!

This was Beate's challenge:
Create a card Clean and Simple card. One or two layers....no bulky layers or embellishments. Keep it flat.

It shouldn't be THAT hard of a challenge, so I don't know what my problem is.  :-/   Here's my first attempt:


I tried the masking tape technique with some tape I crinkled up before inking and it didn't work out like I wanted.  I used the lightest current green, Pear Pizzazz, and it was still too dark.  Ugh.  Maybe I'll go back revive Certainly Celery and try again.

So that's my day of not stamping... How's yours?! 

Laila LOVES my purse.  Too much in fact.  She got a little mad that I zipped it up and she couldn't pull all my credit cards out.   Last time she did I lost a Visa and my Target card, so no more of that! 

6 comments:

  1. Wow, I like both of them! They're colorful, pretty colors, cool technique & look! If you don't like them for one particular challenge, they would probably each fit one of the other HYCCT challenges. I don't think the patients & their families will think they are failures either! They'd be thankful to receive them, anyone would! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are being a little hard on yourself. I LOVE, Lovely As A Tree card. So correct me if I am wrong, you just crinkled the masking tape to get said look, correct? I am going to CASE your card. Thank you for sharing this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laila didn't lose your credit cards she went shoe shopping and she stopped at Target to get some great new toys!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you are being a little hard on yourself. I LOVE, Lovely As A Tree card. So correct me if I am wrong, you just crinkled the masking tape to get said look, correct? I am going to CASE your card. Thank you for sharing this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Hope card! And the tree card is super too. Don't fret about the green being too dark, it looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think they're both pretty fantastic! I love those ink splatters!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)