Saturday, October 26, 2013

Stampin' Up! Evergreen


Vannessa had an interesting HYCCT challenge that really threw me for a minute.  Our card was to be Elvis-inspired!  I pulled out guitar stamps, sequins, but then I really thought about it and drew some inspiration from my childhood.  My mom always had the Elvis Christmas record (yeah, I'm old) playing around the holiday.  We used to get her a hard time about it growing up, but now I just smile when I hear those songs. I upgraded her to the CD back in my college years, so we can still enjoy the music as adults.  :)   Long story, but my card is based on Blue Christmas.

It's a simple card using the Evergreen set which is still available online.  I loved Ingrid's card and simplified it to make it work for me (and Laila's short naps).


Here's Miss Independent walking around the petting farm.  She loves to walk now!  We have to find her some better shoes.  6.5 seems like a difficult size to find, but we are going to look for some again tomorrow.  The rain needs to stay away so we can go to the pumpkin patch tomorrow too!

1 comment:

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)