Thursday, October 3, 2013

Stampin' Up! Ornament Keepsakes


I'm sure you weren't expecting me back so soon.  :)   Jason was wonderful about giving me a break the past few days to just go in my room and attempt to stamp.  I think we both know that stamping is my therapy and that avoiding it has not been good.   Thankfully October is here so I have a great reason to go stamp.  The Hope You Can Cling To challenges have started on Splitcoast!  Last year doing all the challenges and mailing my cards off brought so much joy to my life that I thought I'd do it again.  So, here's the first one!  

Lydia was the hostess and here's a link to her challenge.  It reads like this:
My challenge to you is to make a card with inner strength - meaning that a dimensional image on the inside of your card can be seen through an opening in the front of your card. 

Dimensional ideas include:

-Popping an image or element up on a dimensional
-Stamping an image on the inside of the card with heat embossing for dimension
-Adding a rhinestone or glitter to the inside image
I used the Ornament Keepsakes bundle I bought last year and have rarely used.  It seemed perfect for her challenge.  I kept the colors traditional and the rest of the card pretty simple.  What do you think?  

Here's the inside: 



Stamps:  Ornament Keepsakes, Petite Pairs
Ink:  Real Red, Old Olive
Paper:  Real Red, Old Olive, Whisper White
Accessories:  Real Red satin ribbon (retired), Ginormous and Basic Rhinestones
Tools:  Big Shot, Ornament framelits

One thing that really had me down this week as a trip to the cemetery.  I don't know what it is lately, maybe because we keep learning more and more what we missed out on with Eli, but I'm struggling to go out there.  It's an hour drive each way and the dread going and sadness coming back are rough.   We went on Monday though and here's what we found:

Instead of mowing and trimming, they are now mowing and then spraying Roundup around the headstones.  We didn't know that and honestly, we are not finding that acceptable at all.  The cemetery is a small one owned by the 100 year old church that sits next door, so I'm not sure how to go about getting this fixed.  The maintenance is done by volunteers from what I can gather from the lady I talked to.  I hope we can figure out something or else I'm going going to have to move my boy.  Jason went back out with his sister Monday evening and fought the rain and mosquitoes to try and fix things.


Much better.  He added rocks and then mulch to try and kill any weeds that would be sprayed.  I hope we can keep the harmful chemicals away so that Laila can actually get down.  I sure don't want her walking around in them, nor do I want my baby's burial place looking like that.  :-/    My heart is still hurting from seeing things like that.   Jason's parents are also buried there and theirs was even worse looking.  So, so sad.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful Christmas card! I love the traditional colors and the surprise window effect. Very fun! So glad you had some therapy time, and that it was a positive experience!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)