Thursday, October 17, 2013

Stampin' Up! Wetlands and Owl Punch


I wanted to share a couple HYCCT cards that I made yesterday.   Jason and Laila had playtime, so I went to my room to try to get a bit of stamping in.  :)   This one is for Ardyth's challenge to make a card with no words on the front.   I wanted something serene, so I hope this works.  It was my first time getting a card made with the Wetlands set.   I colored a clear block with markers, sprayed it with water, and then stamped it on my paper.  I was inspired by Deena's card that I found on Pinterest.   It did have to dry for a while before I stamped the birds.   It's a fun look I think.   

Someone asked about the markers...  I'm not 100% sure as I had a ton of them on my desk, but I think going down in this order is close:  Soft Sky, Marina Mist, Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Sahara Sand is close...   I tried a few times with different colors and different amounts of water, so you'll probably need to be prepared for some practice to get it how you want it.  


This card was for Tenia's challenge to make a Washi tape background.  I'm not sure mine qualifies as a background, but hopefully it counts.  Laila and I found this fun tape on our shopping trip last week so I just had to get it.  I knew it would come in handy for something!   I think this card would cheer up anyone.  :)

Laila had some of daddy's yummy mashed potatoes last night.  She hasn't been eating that well this week and I'm pretty sure it's the darn teeth again.  She also hasn't been napping much which is exhausting!   I have her by myself for four days a week now and that 30 minute break just doesn't seem like enough.   I can't get anything done.   Who needs a clean house or clean clothes, right?!  lol

6 comments:

  1. Love the technique on the Wetlands card. What marker colors did you use. Thank you for sharing this beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards! Your technique on the Wetlands one is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool technique on the Wetlands card! I always struggle with how to use that stamp. Love the cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both of these cards. What stamp is the sentiment from on the owl card?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, that wetlands card is something else.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like both cards, but the wetlands card is very special! If I received it, I would frame it! Thank you for the inspiration:-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)