Sunday, October 6, 2013

Stampin' Up! Gently Falling


Still stamping away.  I don't know that I'm making the best cards, but I'm making them from my heart for a good cause, so that's good enough.  For this one I combined the awesome sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch
and Misti's challenge:
Many Colors of Cancer
Many of us have a loved one or friend that has been affected by cancer. Choose one of the colors of cancer from THIS Site & use it on your project. Feel free to use more than one color combo on your project, if you have more than one person going through a cancer battle. In your description, let us know why you choose the color(s) you did.


I used the closest color to emerald green that I had to honor my loved one with liver cancer.   My uncle was recently diagnosed with it and is starting chemo tomorrow.   He's pretty old and set in his ways, so I'm hoping he'll cooperate with treatment and try to stay here with us a bit longer.  I will probably make another version tomorrow in navy to honor my mother-in-law who passed away from colon cancer. 


Stamps:  Gently Falling, Truly Grateful
Ink/Paper: Garden Green
Tools:  Big Shot, Woodgrain embossing folder

We went on a little wagon ride not too long ago.  She loved it, so now that the weather has cooled off a bit I hope we can walk a lot.  :)   

3 comments:

  1. This is lovely! I especially love the woodgrain impressed background!
    Thanks so much for playing along with CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool card. The embossed background and the leafs in the front fits perfectly together. Thanks for playing along with us in the CAS(E) this sketch! challenge and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)