Thursday, October 10, 2013

Stampin' Up! Camo?


Well it's pink, so you know it's another HYCCT card.  :)   This one is for Lee's challenge:
Yes! We can fight cancer and we can WIN! And we can show our strength in PINK CAMO !!!! Pink is not only my favorite color...but the color of October...and a camo version is inspirational to fight, fight, fight!! I'm inspired by so many who I know are currently battling breast cancer as well as other types....and THEY ARE MY HEROES!!! So let's show them that we'll be fighting with them side by side!!! 

You can use pink camo ribbon, patterned paper, digital paper....or you can even make your own camo paper!!! I made my own background paper by stamping a solid image repetitively in many shades of pink ink!! It's that simple! You can also use a pink and black re-inker and swirl it on white ribbon or white flowers and make your own pink camo design!! 
I didn't have anything that even resembled camo, so I tried to use Gorgeous Grunge to make a camo background.  I hope it is passable.  I added my favorite, a Fun Flowers die flower! 

Stamps:  Too Kind, Gorgeous Grunge
Ink:  Pretty in Pink, Pink Pirouette, Blushing Bride
Paper:  Basic Black, Melon Mambo, Whisper White, Old Olive
Tools:  Big Shot, Fun Flowers die, Boho Blossoms punch, Oval punch
Accessories: Brights Glimmer Brads

Laila hasn't been napping long in her crib, but she'll go back to sleep just fine in our arms.  I don't know what's going on with that, but I make sure my Nook is handy so I can snuggle with her and read.   She crashed on me today after sleeping about 35 minutes in her crib.  I wish she'd sleep in it so I could stamp.  lol  Mommy needs downtime! 

2 comments:

  1. That totally looks like camo! What a cool card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of people will be buying Gorgeous Grunge thanks to your inspiration. And speaking of gorgeous, that baby!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)