Tuesday, March 11, 2014

CS3 Day One


Where have I been?!   I honestly don't know where the times goes!  I did finish up the cards for my next event, so I have been stamping.   I'll share those after the event, but I did make something I can share today.   I signed up to take a new class with my Freshly Made Sketches sisters.  (I feel like they are all sisters now; we have an amazing group!)  It's a clean-and-simple class focusing on one layer cards.  I know this one has two layers, but it's really just to hide the die cuts.  Who wants to open up a card and see all that mess on the back?!   You *could* do it one layer, but we like our cards pretty, right?!  lol   I had a lot of fun with this first technique.  The stamps and dies are non-SU, but I used our lovely paper in Real Red and Pacific Point.  
I hope I can improve on my clean-and-simple skills with this class.  It's a style I'm drawn to, but it's so hard!  The less you put on a card, the more each thing matters.  So. Much. Pressure.    *breathe*   


Talk about useless...  Those locks are only made to keep adults out!  We've been in the crazy that is toddlers lately.  Jason and I could probably both use a drink and maybe we will have one on Thursday to celebrate our 10th anniversary!  lol   She's a cute little thing but man... the attitude!!!   

7 comments:

  1. Adorable card! Yes, those locks are useless. My granddaughter used to show me how to open. LOL Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant example of the inlaid die cut technique, Rita! You've nailed CAS with this beauty! (And I agree with you re the FMS team - I love being a part of it!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Because you gave me the link to the Stencil class (Oh how I hope that offer that again!), I am in this class too but haven't had any time to stamp. This will be my weekend! Can't wait and I adore this card -- any teacher would love receiving this and would wonder, "hmmmm. How'd she do that?"

    Laila is special and she knows it. Get ready for the ride -- girls should just come with the disclaimer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Your card is just adorable! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many techniques to try! It takes me forever to try a "new" technique. I guess your class is a great motivator. The inlay looks great and very cute CAS card!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)