Sunday, March 16, 2014

Stamp Review Crew The Open Sea Edition

It's time for a new hop of The Stamp Review Crew!   This time we are featuring one of my favorite sets, The Open Sea!  :)   Remember, if you get lost or turned around at any point in the hop we have a main landing page for you!


I'm a bit obsessed with watercolor paper lately.  I've made a lot of cards with this set, but nothing like this I think.  I used my reinkers and Aquapainter to do a watercolor wash on the background.   Then I stamped my ship on watercolor paper and used the Aquapainter and reinkers again for that.   I'm a bit impatient for this technique as I hate waiting for it to dry, but it ends up worth it in the end!

Stamps:  The Open Sea, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink:  Staz On black plus Bermuda Bay, Coastal Cabana, Soft Sky, and Crumb Cake reinkers
Paper:  Basic Black, Watercolor Paper
Tools:  Big Shot, Starburst framelits, 2 1/2 circle die, Aquapainter, Distress Tool
Accessories:  Neutrals Candy Dots, Linen Thread, Brights Designer Buttons


    

16 comments:

  1. Wow Rita fabulous job with water coloring it looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's definitely worth the wait, Rita! It's a stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! Love the watercoloring you've done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! Love the water coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too love the watercoloring! You make it look so effortless!!! The distressing around the edges is a really nice touch too. I haven't done that in a while...adding that to my list of techniques to try! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, soft blues, Rita. I love it! Definitely play more with mixed media (and water and paint, etc...). :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is gorgeous! I love how it looks on the watercolor paper!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rita your card is just beautiful. Gorgeous watercoloring. It's soft and bold at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! Love the watercolor background!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! Love the watercoloring you did on this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the framed ship and the "water"color feel!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did a fabulous job with the watercoloring! I can empathize with your obsession - I love it too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so dreamy...love the watercoloring!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Delicious watercoloring! You just keep on with your awesome self, watercolor becomes you :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)