Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Stampin' Up! Perfect Pennants


Time for a new Freshly Made Sketch!  :)  Jen T. is our pilot, I mean hostess, this week and she has an awesome sketch for us.  I don't feel like my card really does it justice as I struggled a bit and ended up with one that I don't really like.  I think I was just trying TOO hard.  Do you do that? Not a good thing.  Anyway...I love the retro colors and I really loved the retro pattern on the DSP.  I tried to find a file for my Cameo that would go with it and I don't know that I did really?   I cut out a funky squares border (Design #9877) 4 times and layered it on my base to try to add a bit of texture and fun.   Hmm....

Isn't it great?  A fabulous sketch to give those banner dies a workout!  And I can't believe I missed a change to use a button!  I LOVE buttons! Darn!


Someone really loves my camera phone.  She doesn't really like taking pictures, just watching herself in it.  She does the same thing with mirrors.  lol  We had a nice day yesterday which was great.  :)   

14 comments:

  1. Rita, I love this card!! The colors and the die cut background. Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wondered what the background was.....I love it! This is very funky and fun! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this card -- love the background and think it is an awesome way to add texture and interest.

    If I was as cute as Laila, I'd probably want to check myself out fairly often too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rita, I love the background, too! Would you mind sharing the Silhouette design number? I couldn't find it...sometimes the design isn't where I expect it to be! Thank you so much! I love that DSP and the background goes amazingly with it! Enjoy your little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that background (I'll have to check my designs to see if I have it) So 4 times gives it that much texture wow cool to know cause you can see it. The colors really pop off that brown :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like your tone-on-tone background. It makes those other elements "pop." Laila reminds me of my of what my kids used to say around the camera "turn 'round" and "see me" when they wanted to see themselves in the screen. They are 16 and 19 now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card, Rita - especially that Cameo background - thanks for the code for it as I'm going to have to go shopping :) And I can totally relate about trying too hard sometimes so don't beat yourself up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH. MY. GOD. I can't believe you don't LOVE this card!! That Dating Game background is fan-freakin-tastic! I am soooo pinning this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, Rita, it's time to get your head checked! This card is AWESOME! I love how you layered the cuts from your cameo, tone-on-tone. The design is perfect with the DSP you chose. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes! I do that all the time! Then when I take a break, inspiration just comes to me. ;) I do enjoy this color combination. Your ruffled ribbon is wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Rita you are on fire with your card making! LOVE the really cool funky feel to this card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful card,Rita!! I love the die cut on the background and the colors are fab!!!
    Have a great weekend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this card Rita! I love the die cut background and the colours!!! You are making me want a silhouette even more!!!! Laila is as adorable as always!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think that background design is perfect…seriously perfect! I have to say this this one doesn't look like you tried too hard to me….it has the perfect balance of clean but still really cool.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)