Friday, March 7, 2014

Mixed Media with Stampin' Up! Summer Silhouettes


After taking the Stenciled class I've really become intrigued with mixed media.  I am not a complicated stamper, so I wasn't sure if it was something that would really fit in with my stamping. I decided to try some of the Mix-Ability challenges over on Splitcoast.  I started with the first one and will work my way through them as I have time.  I hope to learn a little something along with way.  :)   For this one we had to use a matte finish and a shiny finish.  I used gesso (tinted Coastal Cabana) and embossing powder.  

I used my Aquapainter to make the ombre tag.  I am really enjoying using that and watercolor paper so much now!   I wanted to use a tag to play along at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge.   :)   




It was so pretty out today, so we took a little trip to the park.  :)  

6 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful that is such a pretty colour

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go to the head of,the class with this one! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Part of the reason I follow your blog is that our styles are so similar. I love this card and I've not been a fan of mixed media because it seems to me that people put too much "stuff" on them. This is awesome! I wouldn't hesitate to gift this to someone -- consider yourself an enabler. I'm going to have to try my hand at this as soon as I can get some of the products I need. I adore the color -- BEAUTIFUL! Laila looks so cute in pink and I have a feeling she loves being out of doors and just doing something -- such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, so pretty! I will have to give this a try. It's been a while since I pulled out the watercolor paper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Rita, so very pretty and feminine.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry that I am a few days behind...love your card!!!!! Sweet pics of Laila at the park!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)