Tuesday, March 18, 2014

One Layer Happiness


I'm a bit behind on my homework for the online class I'm taking.  I haven't had a lot of luck mastering some of the techniques we've learned so it's been more practicing and not much card making.   I think this one is okay enough to show at least.  It is a true one layer card with some sponging and embossing.   Nothing complicated, but I am not good at sponging!   Nor masking apparently.  lol  I'm practicing and have added some masking paper to my shopping wishlist.  I really need to win the lottery so I can buy all the stamping goodies that are piling up on my want list!

I have been thinking about trying to sell my cards online somewhere, so if anyone has any tips for that email me please.  I tried Etsy before with no luck.   Ebay maybe?   I need to fund my habit one way or another!   UPDATE: I added a For Sale tab on my blog, so we'll see how it goes.   Thanks for the recommendations! :)


Laila painted her first masterpiece on Sunday.   She had a blast, so we'll definitely have to do it again.  :)


Hat, truck, and a pink shirt.  Perfect combination for my girl.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, this is an amazing one layer card!

    Why don't you have a "for sale" tab on your blog? I've seen others do that but I'm not sure how successful they've been. Also try Pinterest. Do you have a local flower shop or UPS mailing type store? Your cards are amazing and you shouldn't have any trouble selling them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not only a flower shop but try a beauty salon. The one I go to has a small basket of cards.

    Not that he has sold anything but my DH has his glass on a site like etsy. The advantage is there is no upfront fee for the first maybe 50 items you post. Check it out.
    goodsmiths.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someone already mentioned it, but my first thought was also to have a link on your blog to cards that you would sell. You could have some type of gallery showcasing what's available. Your cards are amazing! Even though I can make cards I feel like I'd love to buy some of your cards! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)