Saturday, August 2, 2014

I Scream


Just a quick post from me tonight.  Today is my sweet boy's birthday, so it's been a sad day.  It seems a bit crazy that he would now be six.  The five months we had him with us seem so long ago now.  To distract myself, I decided to play along with some challenges.  I don't have the best of mojo this time of year, but stamping keeps my mind occupied.    I made this for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge and one of the Dare to Get Dirty challenges on Splitcoast.  

I love watercolor washes so much.  I used Coastal Cabana and Strawberry Slush along with my Aquapainter to make this one.   The stamps are from the August kit from SSS.   Twine and sequins are Stampin' Up! 


A parent holds their child's hand for just a short time, but holds their heart forever.

4 comments:

  1. I adore the ice cream card. I haven't ventured into water color and reinkers - seems I am spending so much $ on card making. But I sure enjoy looking at yours.

    The picture is precious and such a beautiful quote.
    Thanks so much for sharing that. I thought often of you yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun ice cream card! Love your watercolor BG. Thank you so much for playing along with us in the Anything Goes Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew your son's birthday was around this time. Very sorry for your loss. Sending hugs your way. As always, thanks for sharing such great card ideas. I always enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card...perfect for this hot summer! Love your watercolor wash on the background...great colors! I kind of wondered if this was that time of the year...my heart breaks for you and your husband and time eventually starts to heal huge wounds! Your picture is fabulous as is the quote. Hoping that you find peace in your hearts!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)