Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Freshly Made Squirrel

It's Wednesday and time for a new sketch from Freshly Made Sketches.   Jen M. is our fabulous hostess this week and she has a sketch with one of my favorite things, a banner!  Woo Hoo!  I had several ideas for a card but ended up going with this squirrel card because I needed a card to send a friend who just loves squirrels.   I am not that happy with how it turned out, so I might put a few things apart or start it all over.  I don't know if it's the colors or what, but something feels off to me.  Maybe making it while Laila supervised made me nervous.  lol   I think it's actually because it is so dark and I've gotten used to mostly white space.   Going back to colored card stock is hard!


I hope you'll come play along and get your banner on with us!   Now I'm off to have a quick coffee, drop the cat off at the vet, and then go pick up a few groceries.  It's an early start to the day.  *yawn*

6 comments:

  1. Love this! That little guy just pops on the white banner! Cute as can be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about dark cardstock after mostly using white, but take it from me, this card is the cutest! I was actually drawn to the background first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one cute squirrel. And I love the little heart speech bubble. I'll bet your friend will love it just the way it is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this looks pretty fabulous! I love the colors that you've chosen and the woodgrain embossed layer couldn't possibly be a better look for Rocky the squirrel! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You creativity has no end! I love the colors...the browns with a pop of red is so eye-catching. I can't believe you'd think about changing even one thing about this card. The rustic look with the squirrel is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet card Rita! I love that squirrel! so cute! You definitely are the colouring queen! I think I need to take a trip to Texas for some lessons!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)