Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Freshly Made Coffee



Back today with Freshly Made Sketches and that technique I promised you.  :)  I did struggle with this week's sketch because tilted panels make me a bit nuts. lol I tried a Christmas card, but I did the "shape" first and it was most of the card front once I put it together.  Then I saw the backgrounds I'd made last week and thought I'd try one of those.  It is made using a technique called Shaving Cream Stenciling.   I know we used shaving cream back when I first started stamping, but this was a fun new take on it.  I forget what colors I used now, but I know Bermuda Bay and Lucky Limeade were two of them. I'm also adding it to Simon Says Stamp Work It Wednesday.  I love this coffee set by them.

www.freshlymadesketches.blogspot.com

I hope you'll take time to come play along with us!  And go try that technique! It's awesome!  I might have to do more today with my new plaid stencil I used on yesterday's card.  

Happy Wednesday! 

8 comments:

  1. That background looks fabulous - I remember using shaving cream years ago on cards - it's so funny how things come back around again with a twist. It's what keeps this hobby interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and Lydia inspired me to try this technique.....and I hate to get messy.....lol.....love this card! I did butterflies for one of my Dirty Dozen cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a neat twist on an old technique. I tried it once but swirled it too much and it went very muddy and brown. Love the colour combination you got. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rita, This is fabulous and I had to come over from FMS to let you know! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who knew shaving cream could be used to make something so cool! I love the fabulous colors in this, Rita.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember using shaving cream way back in the old days so it's nice to see an old dog with some new tricks! The background is very cool. Now I'm off to see about that new technique!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great card! Love the shaving cream technique. The colours are gorgeous! What a perfect sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is awesome Rita - especially that fabulous background!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)