Tuesday, July 4, 2017

MFT Card Challenges Sketch 339


What?  Square??  Yep.  I don't make a lot of square cards due to mailing cost, but I loved the sketch at MFT Card Challenges this week so I thought I'd play along.  I wanted to make a quilt card for my mom anyway, so perfect timing!  I love the Diagonal Quilt die from MFT.  So pretty! I cut out some papers I thought would look pretty and assembled. It was fairly easy and I have lots of leftovers for future cards! Win, win!

Sketch Challenge 339 #mftstamps
I was so ready to go play in my garden when we got back from our recent trip.  I didn't realize how much I love being out there.  It's so hot and humid now, but I do a little on and off each day.  We currently have a lot of black swallowtail caterpillars to raise and our first Gulf Fritillary ones as well. 

 This was our first Easter Black Swallowtail that we released.  He traveled to Kentucky with us as a chrysalis and was released there. 

My passion vine has taken off and we get flowers daily now.  It's the host (food) plant for the Gulf Fritillary caterpillars, so it needs to grow so we can raise them. :)  Look at how funky the caterpillars are.  We aren't sure about touching them.  lol 


Alrighty.  Happy Independence Day!  I'm off to get dressed to visit with a friend.  

1 comment:

  1. What a gorgeous butterfly! And how dedicated to take him with you so that he would hatch!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)