Saturday, December 31, 2011

Favorites for the Year

I've noticed a lot of other bloggers posting their favorite cards of the year, so I thought I'd jump in and try it too! It is kinda fun to look back and see the creative highs and lows throughout the year.

January:  I love this card and it is one of my all-time favorites.  In fact, I still have it stashed away!  :)   I'm not a huge fan of Valentine's Day, but I did love this creation. Maybe I will be nice and give it to my darling husband next year.  :)


February was not a good month, so let's skip over to March.  :)   I borrowed Inspired by Nature from my upline and had a blast with it.  I can't believe I still don't own it for myself!   I love the simplicity of this one and find it quite striking.  


April:  There are a few I love from this month, but this one is definitely my favorite.  I still can't believe I used that many peals on ONE card!!  It is gorgeous though.  The shimmery white card stock really adds a nice element and it truly says 'wedding' to me!  


May:  I'm still a bit surprised that this card is actually one of my creations!  It turned out so fun and absolutely perfect for a teen.   I love to challenge myself by buying a stamp set outside my comfort zone and this one was definitely one of those!


June:  I guess I really like the few wedding cards that I make!  :)  This was one of the cards from my time on the Creative Crew.   I had to borrow the bird punch to make it and was so happy with how it turned out.   


July:  Emboss resist is one of my favorite techniques and this card is my favorite I've made using it.   I love the colors of this one.  Island Indigo is so gorgeous and it has been way too long since I pulled it out!  


I'll save the other months for tomorrow, so stay tuned!  :)

Happy New Year to you all and thank you for all the kind comments over the past year.   It is so fun getting to know other bloggers and making new friends.  

5 comments:

  1. Great idea Rita!

    All of your cards are fantastic but I have to say the March is my favorite...simply stunning, I love it!!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow just amazing love the all. So nice to meet you just found your beautiful blog and so happy I did. I have enjoyed looking around and I'm now following you, if you find a spare minute hope you visit me sometime and follow back so nice to meet new friends. Sending you special wishes for a wonderful New Year I’m looking forward to keeping in touch in 2012.
    Always Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. All brilliant cards Rita i also love the first one and all the wedding cards hope you have a fantastic new year take care Luv Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the look back, Rita! I remember May's card because I'm pretty sure that was when I started following you...and that was the first set you convinced me I needed to buy. Lol! Ahhh, the start of the enabling.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been rockin' it this year! Remember when you thought you weren't *that* crafty? You have blown me away with you're awesome creating skills!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)