Sunday, December 18, 2011

Happy Birthday!

We are kicking off the holiday week with birthday celebrations!  Today is my wonderful husband Jason's birthday and tomorrow is mine.   While it sucks to have a December birthday, it is great to be married to someone who gets it.  I always get a REAL birthday present, not a combination birthday/Christmas present, dinner out, and some sort of yummy dessert.   

To make Jason's day start off special, I made this yummy oven omelet this morning.   I did add a bit of chopped onion and some fresh baby spinach to ours.  It was pretty darn good too! 



This week was really trying at work for Jason, so I wanted to make him a funny card.  Or at least one that would make him smile really big.  :)   We have an on-going Dr. Who joke about the Tardis, so I thought I'd try to make a Tardis.  (I don't watch the show, but I always seem to wake up and hear Tardis on the TV).  I am not a punch art person, nor do I draw or even write very well, so this was definitely a challenge!   It isn't the best card, but he smiled until his face hurt.   I'm calling that a success!   Me and the kitties got him the newest Call of Duty game too, so he should be all set to blow up things today!

6 comments:

  1. The omelet looks yummy. I hear you about December birthdays. I have one this month too and it's even closer to Christmas. Not so hot when you're a kid but at this point in my life I'm grateful to be celebrating each year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card.. That's thinking out of the box! Happy Birthday to your Hubby and you!! My son's Birthday is the 13th so I know what you mean about having to share in the month of Dec. with Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! That omelet looks delicious! Happy birthday to you and your husband too! I have a cousin whose birthday is Christmas day and we always celebrated Christmas in the morning and her birthday in the afternoon. I think it's so important to acknowledge the two separately!

    And Merry Christmas too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great way to celebrate, Rita. Hope you and the husband had wonderful birthdays! Happy belated birthday to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh that omelet looks divine, Rita! Happy belated birthday to you and your hubby. I hope you both had a fantastic day full of your favorite things! All the best to you in the year ahead, my friend! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you two had very happy birthdays and a very merry Christmas!
    The oven omlet looks delicious! I should try that because every time I try making a regular pan omlet, it ends up just being scrambled eggs :)
    It made me smile to get the little something in the mail from you. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)