Friday, December 30, 2011

FM39: Happy New Year

So here is the "Mashup" Challenge :
  1. Make a project that "Sparkles".
  2. Or Make a project "Celebrating the New Year".
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a project "Celebrating the New Year that Sparkles" .
Time for a new challenge at The Friday Mashup!   Kasey has a fun challenge to make a New Year's project with some sparkles!   Who doesn't LOVE sparkle?   Now I must admit that I had to do something thinking for this week.   I started trying to come up with an idea and realized that I have no number stamps or dies AND I had ONE sentiment that said Happy New Year.   So, sparkly stars it was!   :)


What do you think?  Can it pass a fun sparkly card for the new year?   I hope so!   It definitely has a lot of sparkle.  I used black with the silver glimmer paper in hopes of the silver really shining.   I used a retired star stamp to emboss some small silver stars in the corner too.   My original idea was one big star on a black background, so you can see I kept adding more and more to finally get something that seemed complete. 

I hope you'll find some time between celebrations to play along with us this week!   

Stamps:  Teeny Tiny Wishes, July Fourth
Ink:  Versamark, Staz On Black
Paper:  Silver glimmer paper, Basic Black, Whisper White
Tools/Accessories:  Big Shot, Stars #2 die, silver embossing powder, heat tool, basic rhinestones

8 comments:

  1. Great sparkley new year card Rita i will be thinking of you take care Luv Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your sparkly stars Rita, they look great against the black background! This is a perfect New Year card :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let it Shine!! That glimmer paper goes great with Black.. Great idea for a New Year Celebration card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it definitely passes as sparkly and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rita,

    Happy New Year! Your card certainly says that, love the sparkle from the glimmer paper.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic Rita - I love all those wonderful stars and they look amazing against the black.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all of the stars...even though you beat me to it! LOL!! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)