Wednesday, December 14, 2011

FMS 15: Be My Valentine


Time for our last sketch of the year at Freshly Made Sketches!   Cindy designed our sketch this week and boy did she challenge us!    I am not good with tilted anything on cards, so it took me a bit of time to figure out what I wanted to make.   I am officially done thinking about Christmas cards, so I moved on to the next fun holiday, Valentine's Day!   Crazy, huh?  


It feels a bit plain to me, but I wasn't sure what else to do with it.  I wanted to add some embossing, but I wasn't sure it would look right on the pink panels.   Greeting Card Kids is seriously the most adorable stamp set ever.  I love it!   I wish we had a few sets of them covering every possible holiday and event.  :)    

I hope you'll play along with us this week before the craziness of the holidays sets in next week!  

Stamps:  Petite Pairs, Greeting Card Kids, I Heart Hearts
Ink:  Real Red, Pretty in Pink, Daffodil Delight, Blush Blossom (marker), Staz On Black
Paper:  Real Red, Pretty in Pink, Whisper White, Brights and Subtles DSP stacks
Tools/Accessories:  Blender Pen, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch, small heart punch, Pretty in Pink 1/8 taffeta ribbon (retired)

12 comments:

  1. This is stinkin' cute Rita! Love the colours and the sweetness of this card! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rita..not crazy at all!! I still have a few Christmas cards to make and I am SO done!!! lol This is so cute!!! I have had so much fun on the DT! I will be playing along in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your card is adorable! That little girl is so cute. I like how you added the band and ribbon to dress it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way too cute! This is so adorable - love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I just say this is "tilt-tastic"? Hee hee! I'm like you with the tilt...it kind of scares me. But this is beautiful...especially with that sweet image. I really hope to have a chance to play along this week. You have inspired me, yet again. Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant card with great colours so nice to not see a Christmas card har har but how things have turned out this year i think i had better start ready for 2012 now !!!!! where did the time go ????? take care and have a fab Christmas Luv Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, this image is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey Rita, I love this card and just wanted to say thanks for stopping by my blog to comment once in awhile! I appreciate that so much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is such an adorable image for a Valentine's card. Great coloring Rita! She's so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rita, this is so very sweet and adorable! Love how you colored in the little girl's dress.

    Thanks for a fun-filled seven weeks as part of the FMS team, it was a honor to be part of a group of talented ladies like yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is adorable! I love the colors and the coloring on this little girl! Great job with a hard sketch! Enjoy the break and I'll "see" you next year!

    Jen Timko

    ReplyDelete
  12. A sweet and gorgeous creation Rita ... these colours are so beautiful and your simple ribbon and cute little heart are just the perfect embellishments!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)