Sunday, December 11, 2011

PP76: Gold, Cherry, & Vanilla


It is time for the final Paper Players challenge of the year!  Ann is taking us out with a bang and a gorgeous clean-and-simple color combination.   It is perfect to sneak in one more Christmas card for the year!  


I HAD to use Bright Hopes again.  It has less than a month left as a current stamp set and I am going to miss it so, so much!   It is one of my all time favorite sets for sure!   I was excited to use my birthday present too!  I treated myself to the Tasteful Trim die with my birthday discount and I am so happy to finally own it!    I couldn't wait to use it, so it is an early birthday present of sorts.  :)   I love looking at creations with a lot of white space, so I tired to leave a bit more on my card this time.  I'm not sure that I'd call it successful, but I did try at least.   

I found this cool sketch at Card Patterns and wanted to use it for my card:
  

I hope you will join us in this final challenge for the year!  

Stamps:  Bright Hopes
Ink:  Versamark
Paper:  Brushed Gold, Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla
Tools/Accessories:   Big Shot, Tasteful Trim die, Scallop Circles #2 die, 3-inch circle die, Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder, Cherry Cobbler embossing powder, Cherry Cobbler seam binding, Champagne Shimmer Paint

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful Card, I like the clean and simple cards, loving the colors, so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sketch - very pretty card! And I ordered Tasteful Trim for my birthday too~! Should arrive early next week - I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! Good for you, getting that Tasteful Trims die--it looks LOVELY with this gorgeous tree image!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, Rita! I LOVE the layout! Of course, your bow is absolutely fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous Rita! I'm so glad to see that set one more time and all the gold scallops are fabulous--what a great birthday present! It's been such a treat working with you on the DT this month...love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, WOW! That embossed background is absolutely fabulous! Gorgeous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such an elegant card! You have done this set proud with all of your awesome creations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that set too, Rita! Maybe we can figure out a way to use it for other holidays...maybe?...no, not so much? There is just something so elegant about that set, especially the way you paired it with that embossing folder. So pretty! Hope you are enjoying that early b'day gift. That one is on my wish list, too. Looks great here! Have a great day, my frend! Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the simple elegance of your card. Thanks for playing with us at Card Patterns this week.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)