Wednesday, December 7, 2011

FMS14: Gray Snowman


Time for another Freshly Made sketch!  Jen Timko is our hostess this week and challenged us with a card full of panels!  I am not a panel card kinda girl as I create to get away from too much thinking, but it is good to get those neurons firing sometimes.   I have a nice little drawing with some serious fractions on it on my desk after figuring this one out.  :)    I guess I am still okay at math after all these years.  


I know, snowmen AGAIN!  I can't stop using this set!  It is seriously the most awesome set and if you don't have it yet, GET IT!   For my card, I decided to forgo the square card and do a traditional A2 card.  I find that my square cards are collecting in my bin and never getting mailed out, so I really need to figure out the correct postage on them or stop making them.  I have been in a pretty gloomy mood lately, so I imagine that's why I picked these colors.  They kinda work though, right?  And I did add glitter!

I hope you'll come play along with us this week!

Stamps:  Snow Much Fun
Ink:  Basic Black, Baja Breeze, Pumpkin Pie, Cajun Craze, Staz On Black, Bashful Blue
Paper:  Pick Your Poison DSP, Basic Gray, Baja Breeze, Whisper White
Tools/Accessories: Big Shot, Northern Frost Decorative Strip die, Blender Pen, Dazzling Details, Basics Glimmer Brads


How on earth is that comfortable?   That boy is so silly!   Little sister is always by his side too!

13 comments:

  1. Sorry about making you do math (us math majors are prone to do that!!) but it was well worth the effort. I love this snowman and you can just keep on using him. You see, I have some cards to finish and I can just CASE yours! ;-) Love the kitty picture. Not sure how that works for him but she looks ever so patient and tolerant of his silliness.

    Jen Timko

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cute snowman card is worth the trouble of a little math! It is so cute.
    I make the envelopes with my Crafter's Companion out of thin sheets of patterned paper, add a plain address sticker and head out to the post office to mail them. The ladies in the post office love to see the 'pretty' mail come through and are always so obliging.
    Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about the math...took me a while to figure it out too but I went the easy route with a square card! Love the colours! SO cute and so are your kitties!
    Hugs,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  4. This works so well!!! I think those colors work and great that you used the Pick Your Poison paper! It is a dark, rainy and gloomy day here in Connecticut....snow would certainly perk me up! Hope you are not in a gloomy mood for long!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yowza! I LOVE the colors, Rita! Your snowmen cards are always fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is soooo pretty - love the blues and grays! That snowman is such a fashionista - he looks great in any color! And I hate math which is why I never measure.....I just sort of eyeball it and then cut! Which is why I always have a basket full of scraps from all of those cuts that weren't quite right!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rita this is adorable! I'm with you, this snowman is just too cute and I love that stamp set!

    I also agree with Linda..I HATE math, my brain just doesnt do numbers, so I eyeball and cut. Yeah, I do end up with lots of scraps but its better for me to enjoy my stamping than to get mad and disgusted with it because of math :0)

    As for the square cards, I always put 2 stamps on the envelopes and that has always been enough.

    P.S. I love your kitties!! I have a big fat gray cat and a young female kitty that looks just like your male thats stretched out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAHA - My cat sleeps just like that!! Maybe they're related!!

    Love your card and those colors. Makes me wish I had that set!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, Rita! The colors are fab and kudos on your math skills for figuring out the A2 panels. Love the end result!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this stamp set too! I can't seem to put it down. And I think you did just fine with the math! Your rectangles look perfect! And I love your kitties. I've got two at home that look an awful lot like yours! And mine are brother and sister too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You do these snowman cards oh so well Rita ... and this one is no exception, I love the blues and the greys and i think he is well suited in these colours too!
    Yep, I agree with Christy, kudos to you for figuring out the math with a rectangle card ... well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful card, that snowman is the cutest. The designer paper you used is fantastic, great colours. Your kitties are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great snowman card he is sooooooooo cute no wonder you keep using him but at least youre getting your moneys worth !!!!! Luv Sue x

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)