Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Ramblings...

Eli's rose bush has been gorgeous for over a month now, so I thought I'd share a quick picture of one of the beautiful blooms we've had to enjoy. 


It feels like ages since my last post; I apologize for that.    This time of year is just so difficult for us and I haven't had the energy to do anything in my craft room.   Last week on my birthday,  my grandma passed away.   She was a second mom to me during my childhood, so having that happen on my birthday and so close to the holidays was pretty hard.   The airline prices and timeline of the funeral did not work out so that we were able to get arrangements made in time to make the journey to Kentucky, so that didn't help things either.   

We did survive Christmas, but that's about all I can say about that.   When you have dreams of having Christmases with your child and then lose them, the holidays are really never the same.   Add in being so far away from family and it is almost just another day.   Jason did get me a photo light tent with all the bells and whistles, so I have my fingers crossed for better photos once I get back to stamping.   

Today is actually the three year anniversary of the horrible night we had to rush to the emergency room with Eli and Thursday will be three years since we first heard the words spinal muscular atrophy and fatal.    If you don't see any new posts before the new year, just know that I'm struggling with a lot of memories and getting out of bed can be a challenge.   My hope is that 2012 will bring some good news and joy will again return to our home.

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday and are looking forward to the new year.

Lots of hugs,
Rita

13 comments:

  1. Oh Rita..I had no idea....a huge virtual hug coming your way...know we are all praying for peace for you...and we are all here for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time. I join Lauri Ingram in our virtual hug to comfort you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rita, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your husband in this sad time. I hope 2012 brings only light and love to your life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rita, I'm so sorry that you and your husband have suffered such a tragedy. I hope that time will bring some peace and healing to you both. I think of you often.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know you, but my heart aches for you. So many heartaches. Virtual hugs and prayers coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And I will add to the size of the virtual hug!! Prayers for you, too...
    in His love...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Rita, my heart goes out to you. Please know that your blogging friends love you and we will wait for your beautiful creations to emerge again. Be kind to yourself, my friend. ((((hug))))

    ReplyDelete
  8. My heart is breaking for you Rita as I read your blog post today. I am brand new to your blog and had no idea of the loss you experienced - and I am sure there is no loss like that of a child. Please know that you are surrounded by caring blogger friends and we are sending you healing energy and strength. Joy will return to your home soon and in the meantime - know you have all your wonderful memories of your Eli to surround yourself with. My wish for peace is being sent to you today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The rose is beautiful - as is the memory of your sweet Eli. Wishing you peace and renewed strength in the coming year.....and I will soon be able to hug you in person! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rita, I'm another newbie to your blog but have been saddened by your news and heartaches. The rose is a beautiful reminder of a beautiful daughter. I am sure she and your Grandma will be at peace together and will be looking down on you with pride. Big hugs and hope that 2012 brings you strength and a lot more happiness.
    BIG HUGS
    Love Sheila x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my Rita such saddness a very big virtual hug and a wish that 2012 brings you strenght peace and some happiness will be thinking of you Luv Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had no idea about your loss of your grandmother, so sorry to hear it. Thinking of you at this difficult time Rita.
    Hugs,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, sweet Rita. I'm so sorry you are going through this. I have been thinking of you through this time of year. My heart goes out to you and Jason and I wish you peace through this new year. I wish I could fly to Texas and give you a great big hug!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)