Sunday, December 4, 2011

PP75: A Dinosaur Christmas


I have the honor of being the guest designer this month at The Paper Players.  I love spending time with my amazing friends over there; they are such a great group of women!   For the first December challenge, Nance asked us to create something for Christmas without using traditional holiday stamps or colors.   I was a bit stumped with this one and still dealing with a never-ending sinus headache, so my card is a bit silly.   I hope you'll find it fun though. I ended up really liking it and would love to make them as my personal card this year. It's just so different and I would think anyone receiving it would just have to smile! 


What do you think?  Too silly?  The more I look at him, the more I laugh!   I love him!   I decided to use both non-traditional colors and stamps for my card.  Maybe the Friday Mashup is rubbing off on me a bit?  :o)   I was trying to find a good dinosaur color combination and settled on Not Quite Navy (my favorite SU color), Pool Party, and So Saffron.  Dino looked a bit washed out in saffron, so I changed him up to More Mustard so you could see him better.  I probably could have left off the distressing, but I thought I'd add it in there since Ann kept hers clean this time.   Somebody had to use the 7-sided tool and sponges, right?  I added a bit of glitter to the stocking because even dinosaurs need a little bling at Christmas!  

I do want to say a HUGE thank you to my friend Brandi for reminding me about the hat from Crab & Company.   I was going to try to make one from the pennant set and punch and I have a feeling that would have made my headache much, much worse.  

I hope you enjoyed my card and will pull out YOUR non-Christmas stuff and create something fun with us! 

Stamps:  Dinoroar, Petite Pairs, Crab & Company (retired), Northern Hearts
Ink:  More Mustard, So Saffron, Not Quite Navy, Pool Party, Staz On black
Paper:  So Saffron, Not Quite Navy, Pool Party, Whisper White, retired designer paper
Tools/Accessories:  Cutter Kit, Dotted Scallop Ribbon border punch, sponges, Dazzling Details

16 comments:

  1. Very cute Rita!
    You're making me regret not buying that set again now. I'd like to make dinosaur christmas cards too!
    I'm sure he would brighten up anyone's day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DUDE! I love this card so much, like I told you last night. The colour combo, the sweet hat on the cutest t-rex ever! All of it together makes for a wicked awesome Christmas card that anyone would love!

    I'll be stamping and sewing later on so gimme a holler when you're on and we can chat.

    Have a wonderful day!

    xo B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Freaking ADORABLE! I love this so, so much. I think I'm just tired of seeing Christmas cards this year so this one really made me laugh since it's so unexpected. Super job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Over the top adorable! Cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you stopped by...I forgot to add you to my PP blog list. I got ya on there sista! So glad to be working with you the next two weeks.

    Love your card. He is just adorable and his hat is a hoot! The colors work perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHAHAHA!!! I love this and it is a perfect take on Nance's theme! SO fun! Hmmm, I still have that Crab & Co stamp set around somewhere!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this dinosaur. I literally did LOL as soon as I saw him. What a fabulous card and such a clever idea. He is just fun fun fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun Rita! This is adorable and perfect for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A Santa t-rex....he's absolutely perfect and I love it! Great take on my hoopla challenge Rita. So glad to have you with us this month! Hope you're feeling better...big hugs to you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shut the front door with the cuteness of this card! RAWR!! I love it! Not only is this little guy perfect ready for the holidays but your mix of colors, ppaers and accents are awesome! Love that hat! I especially like the distressed edges around the card. Looks like santa t-rex got a little hungry and that is a fun detail. Welcome back this month, my friend! Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow. Who would have thought a dinosaur was so festive! Look how happy he is to be wearing the Santa hat! I can clearly see his big grin!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh goodness...this is so cute! You are so clever...love the Santa hat in him.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliant idea he looks great wearing his santa hat Luv Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that cute guy! Darling card. Yes, that is SU paper under my Cranberry, Orange Pecan Muffin. I have been a SU hobby demo for years. I just love their product.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your Santa-saur TOTALLY made me smile! This is so creative Rita, I love it (and yes, I think Friday Mashup is rubbing off on you, hehehe).

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)