Wednesday, December 28, 2011

FM38: Be My Valentine

So here is the "Mashup" Challenge :
  1. Make a project using the "Sketch".
  2. Or Make a project using "Watercoloring".
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a project using the "Sketch & Watercoloring" .
With everything going on last week trying to figure out if we were going to go out of town or not, I wasn't able to do my card for the Friday Mashup.   My mind finally settled enough today that I thought I would at least attempt one.   I was hoping to watercolor, but my Aquapainter seems to be clogged up or something.   Anyone had that happen and have any suggestions?  I tried hot water, but it didn't work.   It is ancient, so it might just be time to buy some new ones.   Anyway, I decided to do a card with the sketch, but I probably should have looked at it again before I started my card.  I think it is still kinda close, but I'm not sure if my little envelope is close enough to the bottom.   I tried though...that's more than I've felt like doing for a while now.  

I was able to use a few new-to-me products and a much neglected one as well.   The scallop envelope die was one of the first I purchased, but I never seem to use it for much of anything.   I thought it would be cute to stick some of my new heart products in!   Thanks to all the wonderful sales of the past two months, I'm all set for Valentine's Day with new punches and I {heart} Hearts.  I also used my birthday present (the one I got myself), the Tasteful Trim die.   I love that thing already.   For my colors, I decided to play along with the colourQ challenge this week to use black, white, and one other color of our choice (red).   I even used my light tent that Jason got me for Christmas too!   I hope it will help my poor pictures, especially during the dreary winter days. 

I hope you like my card and will find time in the next week to play along!   Last week's challenge is still open as well, so you have lots of opportunities to create.  

Thanks to everyone who left comments and well wishes on yesterday's post.   Hugs back to you all.   

Before I go, I thought I'd share some of our baking.   I made some yummy cranberry orange scones and Jason makes homemade cinnamon rolls for Christmas morning.  


I used this recipe, but made my own orange glaze with orange juice and powdered sugar.  Yummy!  I'm addicted to anything cranberry/orange, so these were a perfect treat last week. 


I don't have the recipe for these as it is in a booklet that came with our bread machine.  I will just say they are delicious and leave it at that.   I'm sure I gained 5 pounds eating them!  

11 comments:

  1. LOVE it Rita! Fabulous take on that sketch and the hearts are great busting out of that cute envie! I had to giggle because I am working on the same color challenge and added red to mine too! Great minds, eh? Glad you're feeling a bit better...continued hugs your way... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card. I did something similar awhile back. check out my http://berni46.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, Rita! Using the scllop envelope was a clever idea! (Mine was purchased just 3 months ago...but still not used!) Love the baked goodies too! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rita, brilliant idea to use the envelope and hearts, I've seen something similar before and yours looks amazing.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yumm Drool!! I'm coming over, you still got some of those buns lieft right? Your card came out super cute I love all that sparkle. I just ordered some of that red glimmer paper I can't wait to play with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant card Rita very well done and the baking looks great good enough to eat thanks for shareing the recipe Luv Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun card, Rita! Love the yummies, too. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week and Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card came out beautiful Rita! I love that big red bow, its just perfect!

    Um, I want to know when you can mail some of those cinnamon rolls to me please :0) hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us, Rita!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMGoodness, let me say first that I, too, am a cranberry-orange fanatic. I will definitely need to check out those recipes! Second, your card is stunning---so fun, and I need to use that little envy die too! Thanks for playing with us this week, and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. An envelope full of hearts, spectacular! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)