Friday, December 16, 2011

FM 37: Distressed Labels

So here is the "Mashup" Challenge :
  1. Make a project featuring "Chipboard (Precut or Diecut )".
  2. Or Make a project using "Distressing (w/ ink, scissors or the Cutter Tool Kit)".
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a "Distressed Project featuring Chipboard"

For a distressed, vintage card, that picture sure is loud!   Yikes.   I hope you have your sunglasses handy.   I am accepting donations to the "Rita Needs a Photography Class" fund by the way.  :)   

This week at the Friday Mashup Heidi has a super fun challenge for everyone.    If you are like me and put your chipboard up for safekeeping and can't find it, you can just do a card using distressing.  If you are more organized and know where your chipboard is, you could mash it up and use chipboard and distressing.   Or just chipboard.  So many options, right?   I love these challenges!    

You are getting a lovely sneak peek at some upcoming products from the Occasions Mini and Sale-a-Bration.   I'll pause and give you time to gasp and maybe jump up and down a bit.   

All done?  So yeah, there's awesome new paper and some stamp sets that have matching Framelit dies!   This was my first time using them and well...  I LOVE THEM!   I think I got a bit carried away with my sponging and distressing; I guess I can always say I dropped it in a mud puddle or something.  :)   Distressing is a great way to get rid of those holiday frustrations, so I highly recommend it this week.  Tear, rip, sponge, tear...you get it, right?   :)   

I hope you'll find the time to come play along with us!

Stamps:  Apothecary Art (I always think of the Pottery Barn Apothecary Table episode of Friends)  :)
Ink:  Soft Suede, Poppy Parade, Pool Party, Lucky Limeade
Paper:  Poppy Parade, Pool Party, Lucky Limeade, Everyday Enchantment DSP (SAB), Whisper White
Tools/Accessories:  Big Shot, Labels Framelit dies, Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder, brayer, cutter kit, sponges, basic pearls

12 comments:

  1. Sure is colourful Rita! The sponging is great though I wouldn't say mud puddle at all... LOL silly, it looks wonderful and probably even better IRL.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful!! I love it!! Love the colors!!! I know where my chipboard is, just really bad at knowing how to use it!!! maybe this will inspire me to try again...can't wait until my preorder gets here!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so proud of you! You were able to break into the SAB DSP again. I don't know that episode of Friends. Better look it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, Rita! I think the distressing looks fabulous, too. You did not get carried away at all...you rocked it! I'm seriously laughing out loud athe the Friends reference. This stamp set does kind of look like it could come from "days of yore" (did I even spell that right? I'm not from that era.) Have a Happy Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty Rita. I think you did just fine with the sponging and distressing, not overboard at all! I cant wait to get my hands on the Framelit dies! And of course the SAB paper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the bright colours and the sponging looks fab. Can't wait to get those framelits myself - we actually have them in our mini too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous!! I can't wait to get these framelits!! Oh the possibilities!! Love thebright, spring colors, especially since it has been so cloudy and cold lately!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely beautiful, Rita! You're coloring and distressing are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card and colours Luv Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful, it is bright and beautiful :).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfect amount of distressing if you ask me, I mean really can you have too much distressing? Looks like the stuff in the new mini is going to be just as great in person!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a GORGEOUS card this is! I Love the dry embossing and the fabulous vintage look! Reading your above post, I have to laugh... my birthday is on Christmas Day and I SOOOOO "get" how important it is to have your hubby recognize your birthday for JUST your birthday! My hubby's b-day is in May, but I've got him trained! ;) LOL! Hope your birthday and your holiday are wonderful. Thanks for popping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)