Friday, May 25, 2012

FM60: For the Boys

So here is the "Mashup" Challenge :
  1. Make a project for " That special Man in your life ".
  2. Or Make a project with the " Sketch ".
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a " Masculine card using the above Sketch ".

Know that old saying better late than never?  Well, that's me this week!  I had actually decided to take this week off from The Friday Mashup because I was feeling so bad, but after some new medicine and a night of sleep, I felt like stamping a little today.  Holly has such a great challenge that I didn't want to miss out playing along.  Now this will be my last card before I'm "officially" on maternity leave, but I still want to try and do some of the challenges if I can fit them in.  It depends on how I'm feeling and then how recovery and motherhood go if that happens or not.  I can't believe it's only 38 more days!  Yikes!   Anyway, on to the card, right?!  
I pulled out some retired designer paper that I really need to stop hoarding use up and the classic Lovely as a Tree stamp set.   It's an easy choice for a masculine card.  I did a bit of "thumping" on the tree to get in some different shades of green; one shade was just a bit boring.  :)    It's a pretty simple card, but it's hard to go all out with embellishments when you are doing something for a man.  Ribbon and bling just don't work without some serious creative effort!  

Stamps:  Lovely as a Tree, Teeny Tiny Wishes, Woodgrain background
Ink:  Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Always Artichoke
Paper:  Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Whisper White, miscellaneous retired DSP
Tools/Accessories:  Vintage Trinkets, Color Spritzer, Linen Thread

I hope you'll come play along with us this week!  It's a great time challenge to get your Father's Day cards made before June hits!

6 comments:

  1. I love it Rita! I love the papers you used and the tree looks awesome!!

    So glad you are feeling better! I am going to miss you on the DT though :( You are lucky you have a good excuse ;) hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great man's card - you just can't go wrong with Lovely as a Tree! Lots of great stuff on your blog btw! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tree is perfect! I never use this set anymore but I should! I'll have to remember that! I always forget about the thumping:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Father's Day card. Your tree looks fab. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, beautiful card! For a busy mama, you sure are getting some cards done. I had to scroll back quite a bit! Stay cool, girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a GREAT card!!! I've pulled this stamp set out many times for a man card. I'm sure I've hoarded . . . ah . . . saved some of this designer paper myself. Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)