Thursday, May 31, 2012

PP97 and SSCC1


I wanted to get one more card in today before my husband made it home from work.   Our fearless leader Holly at the Friday Mashup has a fun color challenge on her blog this week that I've been thinking about for a few days.   It seems like my brain takes longer to process colors and sketches lately so I have to think much longer for an idea to hit me!    It finally did this evening!   I even used the sketch from the Paper Players again for this one.  :)
I still don't own Sahara Sand, so I used Crumb Cake instead.   I think it works okay with the other colors.   I'm not sure what was going on with the lighting today, but I could not get a good picture that showed the true colors.   I think I ended up hitting too many buttons on Photoshop too so I might have even made it worse!   I hope you can get the idea though.  :)   I'm in denial that my lovely kites are retired. I love them and will keep them forever.   

Stamps:  Send Me Soaring (retired)
Ink:  Pool Party, Crumb Cake, Wisteria Wonder
Paper:  Pool Party, Crumb Cake, Wisteria Wonder, Whisper White, Neutrals DSP stack
Tools/Accessories:  Big Shot, Scallop Circles #2 die, 3-inch circle die, Tasteful Trim die, Pool Party ruffled ribbon

6 comments:

  1. I love this!!! Great use of the challenge colors and the kite set is perfect for the sketch! Thanks for playing along with this weeks challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no you didn't! TWO fabulous cards for LeAnne's sketch?! Oh my goodness, you are on a streak Rita...this one is just as fabulous as the butterfly card. Adore these colors and love how the kites are flying through the clouds...fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are putting all your "rest" time to good use, my friend! You'll have a great stash of cards for when the baby comes! I just love this color combo! Thanks for playing with my sketch at the Paper Players this week---again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those kites are great and I love your colors. They show up just fine on my monitor. wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card makes me happy and sad all at the same time! Happy because it is completely adorable and sad because the kites didn't make it into the big catalog. Love the way you used the color combo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rita you are on such a roll - I've been seeing your gorgeous in so many challenges! This is a beautiful card to add your collection.Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)