Sunday, May 20, 2012

colourQ meets Paper Players!

 
Well, after waking up at 4am this morning, I decided I should try to go stamp for a bit. I actually finished 3 cards and had a nice time stamping just for fun.   With pregnancy, two design teams, and club/class cards, I don't often find time to do challenges or make a card just because I feel like it.   I definitely need to get back to that; it was relaxing and just plain old fun today!   My first card combines two challenges, the gorgeous colors of colourQ and the fun polka dots of the Paper Players.
I hope a different fold will still count as clean-and-simple.  I kept it pretty simple other than that I think?    I really LOVE this color combination.   I'll definitely have to add that picture to my color inspiration board on Pinterest; I want to sure it again for sure!   I used a retired hostess set that I LOVE along with Fabulous Phrases.   I'm a bit bummed that the Scallop Circle #2 die is retiring as I use it a lot, but I'll hang on to it and sneak it in every now and then.  :) 

Stamps:  Love & Care, Fabulous Phrases
Ink:  Lucky Limeade, Wisteria Wonder
Paper:  Tempting Turquoise, Basic Gray, Lucky Limeade, Whisper White, Neutrals DSP stack
Tools/Accessories:  Big Shot, Scallop Circles #2 die, 3-inch circle die, Lucky Limeade ruffled ribbon

13 comments:

  1. Hooray for stamping for fun! Glad you got to spend some creative time in the craft room this morning, Rita! Your card is beautiful! Love that mix of colors and the pretty polka dotted paper. Have a great day today! So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week, too! Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, Rita, this card is well designed and I love how you used the colors! Thanks for sharing your card with us this week at the ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's fabulous! It's certainly CAS enough! Glad you got to stamp for fun today---I know exactly what you mean, I was lamenting to myself the same thing this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three cards in one morning? I'm soooo jealous! But I'm glad you were able to do some stamping for fun because it means we all get to see this beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work. I love it! Thanks for joining us at Colour Q this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty. Love your colours and I'm always a fan of spots and dots.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rita I absolutely love this card and I agree with LeAnne - it most definitely qualifies as CAS. I really love this stamp set but never got it myself and everytime I see it - I regret missing out on it. Thanks for joining us this week at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome comes to mind when I see this card! I love purple & green together, but the pop of turquoise just enhances it in such a great way! NJ!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you got some fun stamping time in Rita! You deserve it and we got to see this gorgeous creation. Way to combine the colors and the CAS dots...it's beautiful! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rita, so pleased you managed to get a little "me" time in the midst of all the exciting things you have going on :-)
    I love your take on the polka dot challenge. The layout is fabulous. So glad you were able to join the Paper Players this week
    hugs
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rita this card is simply perfect! I too love this colour combo and love the "clean" fun fold you used. So glad you got to stamp just for you, obviously your mojo is in full effcet at 4am because this card is stunning:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun card! I definitely wouldn't have tried those colors together without some inspiration, but they work! Love the different fold style...a nice change of pace from the typical card. Glad you joined in the fun at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay! You played!!! I love this and I'm totally jealous I don't have this set!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)