Friday, May 18, 2012

FM59: Tasteful Trim with Ribbon

So here is the "Mashup" Challenge :
  1. Make a project " with a Decorative Edge! "
  2. Or Make a project with " Ribbon and/or a Bow. "
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a project " with a Decorative Edge & Ribbon ".  

It's Friday Mashup time again!  Sadly this is our last challenge with the awesome Kasey.  :(   She is going out on a fun one though and challenged us to use ribbon and/or a decorative edge.  My thoughts immediately went to my favorite die, Tasteful Trim.  I love that thing!   It was such a great birthday gift to myself last year.  (I hope my Fun Flowers die doesn't see this post; I do love it too.) 
One of my recent goals is to work on clean-and-simple cards, especially those that are mostly one layer.   With a new baby coming soon, I know my budget and time are both going to be decreased and I figure the "less is more" philosophy is a good one for me to work on adopting.   I do find this style difficult, so you'll have to bear with me as I fumble my way through figuring it out.   I do like this one a lot and think it turned out nicely for such a simple card.   I even managed to fit in the decorative edge and the ribbon/bow without going overboard (I think anyway).    

I hope you'll take the time to come play along with us this week and to wish Kasey well as she moves on to future endeavors!   

15 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Rita. I love the way you've used the tasteful trim and ribbon together, they look great. Wonderful colour combo too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rita. I wish you and your hubby the very best once the gorgeous Layla comes into the world. She's one very lucky bub to have you for her Mum.

    Your card is totally gorgeous. You're doing really well with CAS.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a perfect one layer card Rita! Love your bow, and the colours you choose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card! So simple, yet so perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rita, I think this card is stunning! Onto my Pin board it goes. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a big fan of less is more! This is love - the pop of color in the border and the ribbon is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card! My favorite cards to make are those that are easy to send. This one is perfect to mail!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you perfected it here! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super pretty, Rita! Love the image stamped right on the Crumb Cake card stock! The butterflies just pop! Very pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, Rita. I'm getting the feeling you like the color purple.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Rita, love the clean and simple look and colour combo you used.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the colours and the subtle grasses with the fab butterflies. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the colours and the butterflies in this card, Rita! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rita this came out so pretty.. I love the color combo! And you know I loved the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)