Friday, May 4, 2012

So here is the "Mashup" Challenge :
  1. Make a project for "Mom, Grandmother, Aunt etc...".
  2. Or Make a project with a " Pop-Up Element ".*
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a " Pop-Up Project for Mom".
  4.  Or join in Both challenges and create a "Pop-Up Project for Mom using the inspiration photo above."

The Friday Mashup is teaming up with Paper Lovin' Gals this week.  They use fun inspiration photos for their challenge, so if you mash up our challenge plus use the inspiration photo above, you'll have a triple play!
I am still playing around with my retiring stamp sets and pulled out a favorite, Best Friends Forever for this card.   This is a pretty simple card for me which means it was a struggle of course.  :)    I tend to stress out as the number of layers decreases.   I did use some gorgeous textured card stock and some slight distressing so hopefully you don't miss the layers too much.  

I'm currently the healthy one in the house.  Jason is recovering from his surgery (which did go well) and my mom is having issues with her shoulder.   I'm glad my arm/wrist quit hurting because I've had a lot to do this week!    Tonight is stamp club and tomorrow is my baby shower.  I'm hoping Sunday is a day of rest for all of us.   

12 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful card Rita and very pink too :)Love the flower and you have made yet another fabulous card with that stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love your card Rita!! That flower is gorgeous!!

    Wishing you a happy baby shower!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, this is so simple but so lovely.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this CAS look! I really need some encouragement with this set. It is just not "me".

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty---you shouldn't stress! I am going to miss this set, I love it's shabbiness and fun elements. They didn't even give it a chance!!! Have a fun weekend, rest up on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love love love the flower made of newsprint! Hope Jason is mending and that you have a wonderful baby shower! So glad your mom is there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card Rita, I love that flower!

    Have fun at your baby shower and yes, all of you get some rest on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very sweet card. Love the distressing...the antique brad in the center of that flower...great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty.. I love the color combo and that newsprint flower is perfect. Glad you are feeling better, hope your mom and hubby are back on their feet soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I love this Rita!! Love the tone-on-tone stamping you did above and below the strip of DSP. The newsprint flower is gorgeous and the distressed edges the perfect amount of "vintage"...love it! Hope you had a great time at the shower and so glad your wrist/arm is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That crinky layered flower drew me in right away! You do layer-less so well you should not stress about it one bit! I love the subtle look of the stamped leaves on the cardstock.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You know I love this:-) And I love that you busted out the BFF!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)