Saturday, May 19, 2012

Another Trio of Sketches

Last night I hosted a card class to say goodbye to a few retiring sets and designer paper.   I enjoyed my last set of cards that were all from the same sketch, so I went with that theme again.   :)   Here's the sketch we used from Pals Paper Arts:
Ppa sketch
I thought this was a fun one, but it sure did take a lot of punching!  I hope the ladies didn't end up with carpal tunnel after making 9 cards.  Here's our first card, the masculine version using Grunge Rock:
I'm really going to miss this set.  I bought it to challenge myself and fell in love with the fun images.   I always enjoy using it and to me, that's a sign of a great stamp set.  :)   We used a strip of the retiring Flirtatious DSP in Daffodil Delight.   I think that pattern was non-girly enough to work.   Ha!    Our next card was the feminine version of the card and my favorite of the three.   It was inspired by Deb's beautiful card that you can see here.  
This one uses more retiring designer paper, Paisley Petals.   It also uses a sentiment from Trendy Trees which is a new stamp set for me.  One of my demo BFFs was kind enough to gift it to me.  (Thanks, Mindy!).   I love the colors of this one!   I struggle to use River Rock sometimes, but it works great with Baja Breeze and Not Quite Navy.   Finally, here's our kids version of the card with a flipped version of the sketch:
Fox & Friends is the set that I'm most sad about losing.   Well, not losing because I will be keeping it, but not using it for classes I guess I should say.   It's my favorite set for kids and it has definitely earned it's keep over the past few years.   If I had to recommend one set that you should get before it's gone, it's this one!   I also used a small strip of another retiring dsp, Cheerful Treat.  It was a hostess choice this year and I got so much use out of it.  I just love the fun bright colors!   I hope you enjoyed the projects!   I want to do more of these, so you'll probably see quite a few sketch trios in the future.   

Just to update, my labs came back okay and I am NOT on bed rest nor do I have pre-eclampsia!   My blood pressure is still a little high and I have awful congestion/headache, aching ears, and a cough.  I'm hoping that will clear up soon as it's tiring to feel so yucky all day.   It's only 44 more days until our little girl is scheduled to be here!

7 comments:

  1. These are really sweet, Rita! I might have to CASE this sketch myself! Glad to hear everything is okay pregnancy-wise; hope the other yucky thing gets better soon! I sympathize as I had another bout yesterday myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful cards Rita! The 2nd one with the butterfly is definitely my fav, I love it!

    Only 44 days left? Holy moly! Seems like just yesterday you were announcing your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear you don't have pre-eclampsia! Hope you are feeling better soon. It is horrible being sick when you are pregnant as you can't take anything!!

    The countdown is on, 44 days, how exciting! I hope all goes well.

    I love the Grunge Rock card! Have pinned that one.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are gorgeous!! Hope you feel better soon girl!
    Just a few weeks waiting for you to have your little babygirl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all three cards! The butterfly is also my favorite. You did a great job of making Paisley Petals look gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all fantastic, Rita! You always rock the grunge set and this one is no exception! Love River Rock with the butterfly--I struggled with that paper but you've done it proud. And the sweet Fox & Friends card is adorable--especially the little flower on the girl fox! So glad to hear everything is okay with you and the baby--I hope the headaches go away soon. Sending you lots of hugs, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bet this was a fun card class, Rita! I really like all of the cards you made...especially....wait for it...that pretty pink "Foxy Friends" card! Eeek!! (I'm sure it's shocking to you that I love the pink card, right! Ha!) I love that rocker card, too. You are the reason I own that set, my friend! Have a fab day! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)