Sunday, May 27, 2012

Retro Tree

I love sketch challenges and I found a new one that I haven't played along with before!   It's called Retro Sketches and they have some great sketches over there for inspiration.   I used this week's sketch today to make another Father's Day card.  Hopefully I almost have enough to drop off at the local shop soon.   If anyone needs one, you can email me or stop by Merry-Go-Round in Kingwood.   :)
When I sat down to stamp I had intended to do a very distressed card.  After looking at the design team samples, I realized they are more into clean cards without a lot of fuss (aka distressing) so I decided to go with what I'm best at and do a somewhat clean-and-simple card.   For some reason Father's Day and Christmas are the times of the year that I am really drawn to use Lovely as a Tree.  It just works so well for both!   I'm trying to use up more of my hoarded designer paper, so you'll probably be seeing a lot of retired paper on my blog.   Sorry for that, but there's only so much space in the craft room and it's too pretty to throw away!  

Stamps:  Lovely as a Tree, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink:  Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Always Artichoke
Paper:  Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Naturals White, Woodland Walk DSP and other misc retired paper
Tools/Accessories:  Ticket Corner punch, Dotted Scallop Ribbon border punch, linen thread

7 comments:

  1. Rita I think the crisp clean masculine look of this card is GREAT! It really is a wonderful card! LOVE it! So glad you played RetroSketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is beautifully done,Rita!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great man-card. I always see the most amazing cards made with that stamp set so I'm finally going to break down and get it. This card is going straight into my CASE file for later use!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous man card, Rita!! Adore the woodgrain paper and love the large tag you've made for the tree...lovely as a tree, indeed1

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ya know it was the card you sent me that made me buy Lovely as a Tree and I still haven't used it!! What is up with that? You have created another awesome creation with this set, Rita! A perfect masculne card, for sure. Ok, I'm going to show that set some ink soon... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great design, Rita, using the wordgrain with the tree! It's my favorite tree stamp of all time, so I am happy to have new inspiration for a way to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this Rita, so masculine. The colours are fab. x

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)