Thursday, May 31, 2012

PP97: Butterfly of Hope

I'm still stamping away and decided to continue my streak today.   I figure if I need to rest I might as well have fun doing it, right?    Hopefully the creative process will be relaxing and get my dang blood pressure back down!  :)    Today I finally had an idea for the LeAnne's sketch at the Paper Players.  I've been running ideas through my head all week but nothing clicked until today.   I'm glad I waited because I really LOVE how this one turned out!  
I pulled out the lovely Everyday Enchantment paper that I had left from Sale-a-bration this year and everything just seemed to click from there!    My sponges and shimmer paint have been a bit neglected lately, so I grabbed those too!   I am not a great vintage/distressed cardmaker, but I try to pick up hints from my buddy Ann Schach and I've come a long way from where I started!   I used the shimmer paint on my Very Vanilla circle and then sponged over to get a bit of the faux mother-of-pearl technique. It works better on glossy card stock, but I didn't think that would look good with the my design.  It still has a nice shimmer even though you probably can't tell from the picture!   I sponged pretty much everything with Crumb Cake ink, including the ribbon.   All in all, I'm smiling and happy with this one.  I don't say that often, so I should probably put this one in my keep box so I can look back at it when I need motivation. :)

Stamps:  Strength & Hope (retired), Tiny Tags
Ink:  Pool Party, Crumb Cake
Paper:  Pool Party, Peach Parfait, Everyday Enchantment DSP, Very Vanilla
Tools/Accessories:  Big Shot, Scallop Circles #2 die, 3-inch circle die, Beautiful Butterflies die, Beautiful Wings embosslit, Jewelry Tag punch, Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint, sponges, Pool Party Ruffled ribbon, Basic Pearls

8 comments:

  1. Whoa, I agree....this is a KEEPER for sure. Totally awesome....everything pulls together so nicely, and that particular paper pattern from that package was the one I had the most trouble with! But you nailed it, my friend!!! Thanks for playing with my Paper Players sketch this week! You made it look WONDERFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoohhoooo Rita!!! This is sooo stunning!!! Love, love your card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait a minute....hold on while I pick myself up off the floor. I was blown over by your card!! Ab.So.Lute.Ly GORGEOUS Rita. Love everything about it--especially the shimmer and the flourish behind the butterfly. Stunning, my friend! So glad you joined us! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I really, really, really love this particular card. The colors, the DSP, the embellishments . . . just the whole card is just over the top! The butterfly just seems to want to pop right off the front of the card! It's a "ohhh & ahhh" card that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really, really beautiful Rita. I love your stamping of the flourish under your butterfly. Everything fits perfectly. Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous, Rita! You nailed the vintage look perfectly. Congrats on your Pick! And thank you for the sweet shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful!! I will be featuring this card on My Crafty Picks #66 with a link back to your blog on 6-3-12. Make sure to stop by to check out all the picks!!

    If you wish to decline please email me by responding to this comment to let me know.

    Have a great day!!
    Tiffany Bauer
    http://www.mycraftyworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)