Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Class Cards & a Challenge

I finally stamped this week!   I have had a pretty blah month, so I haven't felt like getting in my room and stamping very much.   I am trying to make myself go do it this week as it improves my mood so much.   I have a clean-and-simple class planned for next week, so I decided to work on some ideas for that and to do at least one challenge as well.   


This card was inspired by Maureen's card found here.   I love her style!    This one is my favorite of the three cards I'm posting today; I think it is lovely.   The layout uses the clean-and-simple sketch for this week's challenge on Splitcoast.  

Stamps:  Apple Blossoms, Vintage Vogue
Ink:  Baja Breeze
Paper:  Greenhouse Gala designer paper, Very Vanilla, Baja Breeze
Accessories:  basic pearls
Tools:  mat pack, paper piercer, Itty Bitty Punch Pack, Big Shot, Beautiful Butterflies die


Here's another simple, yet elegant card.   Here I used one of my favorite colors, Pear Pizzazz to give Elizabeth her first inking.    I find this stamp to be a tad bit challenging, but I like how this turned out.  

Stamps:  Teeny Tiny Wishes, Elizabeth
Ink:  Pear Pizzazz
Paper: Greenhouse Gala designer paper, Very Vanilla, Pear Pizzazz
Accessories:  basic pearls, Very Vanilla 3/8 taffeta ribbon
Tools:  Itty Bitty Punch Pack, Scallop Trim Border Punch



Finally, here is my challenge card for today.   This is for the color challenge on Splitcoast to use Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, and Very Vanilla.   This is one of those cards where the idea just didn't translate like I wanted, but I'm not going to beat myself up over it.    It might end up being one that I take apart or add to once I think about what needs to be changed to make me love it.  :)

Stamps:  Lovely as a Tree
Ink:  Chocolate Chip, Old Olive
Paper:  Jolly Holiday designer paper, Woodland Walk designer paper, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Very Vanilla
Tools:  Big Shot, Fancy Favor Die (I love the little border that it makes!)

2 comments:

  1. Oh Rita, I love all three of them! Love the paper piercing and stamped butterfly on the first, the sweet little flower on the second really highlights the gorgeous stamp and the tree on the third is well....just gorgeous! Fabulous job! (hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Rita! These are all fabulous! I don't think I could pick a favorite among the three! I would LOVE to come to your class!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)