Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Layered Background Technique

I finally gave up and finished this card today.    It was totally not what I was going for, but that happens sometimes.   I was trying out this cool technique that I saw over on Carrie's blog; isn't it awesome?   I didn't have Sahara Sand, so I tried using the closest thing I had, a Crumb Cake marker.   Well...it separated out red instead of brown!  I was totally thrown for a loop, but tried to salvage it using the closest color I had, Riding Hood Red.   I am not good at distressing, nor do I like putting things on crooked and/or off-center, so this card is most definitely NOT one of my favorites.  I am putting the right colors on my next order and trying it again because I love Carrie's card and am determined to get that look.  :)

Stamps:  The Open Sea, French Foliage
Ink:  Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Not Quite Navy, Riding Hood Red
Paper:  Riding Hood Red, Not Quite Navy, Crumb Cake, Nautical Expedition designer paper, watercolor paper
Accessories:  Baker's Twine, clear embossing powder
Tools:  cutter kit, sponges, sanding blocks, clear blocks

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)