Friday, June 17, 2011

Clean and Simple Mashup



This card is for the clean&simple sketch and the Friday Mashup challenge to use polka dots.   This week I received my copy of Stampin' Success, the magazine Stampin' Up! send out to demonstrators each month.  There was an article in there showing off the color combination of Basic Gray, Daffodil Delight, and Old Olive.  I found the gray and yellow to be striking when paired together, so I decided to try them out on a card this week.   What do you think?   

Stamps:   Nature Walk, Strength and Hope
Ink:  Versamark, Basic Gray, Daffodil Delight
Paper:  Basic Gray, Daffodil Delight, Neutrals designer paper stack, Whisper White
Accessories:  Clear embossing powder
Tools:  Big Shot, Beautiful Wings embosslit, heat tool, sponges

10 comments:

  1. I love your card for Clean and Simple

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are fabulous, Rita! I LOVE the color combination on your second card. Striking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Rita! Love this colour combo! Thanks for joining us at the FM.
    Smiles,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty.. I really like those colors together.. The Black just looks great with the Yellow.. And Of course I love the Butterflies!Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup this week..

    P.S. Don't forget about our Fan Favorite Challenge, we'd love to hear what your Challenge idea would be...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're right, the Daffodil Delight and Basic Gray do look good together. I dont think thats a combo I would have thought of, and I guess I skipped over that part in the SS issue, oops!

    Thanks for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very stylish! Love it! Thanks for playing along with the Friday Mashup!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rita, Great colour combo you've used here to go with our Friday Mashup polka dot summer theme. Great to see you playing along again.

    There is still time for you to enter your own mashup idea in our Fan Favourite contest!
    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is simply beautiful! I love the layout and how you've used the polka dots is perfect. Thanks for playing at The Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this. We don't often use the darker colors and make them cheery! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)