Tuesday, June 7, 2011

New Goodies!


I finally got out of my funk enough to use my new stuff today.    I have had this idea in my head for a week now, but never got up the energy to hit the craft room until today.    I must say, it didn't turn out like I'd envisioned, so I'll definitely be reworking it a bit to get it how I want it.    Not a bad first try for a set that is totally out of my comfort zone.  

What do you think of the new in color Wisteria Wonder?    The Color Coach pairs it with Elegant Eggplant, but I think it looks great with Concord Crush as well.    

This is a thank you card for this week's Paper Players challenge.  

Stamps:  Delicate Doilies, Thank You Kindly
Ink:  Versamark, Wisteria Wonder, Concord Crush
Paper:   Shimmery White, Concord Crush, Wisteria Wonder, Flirtatious Specialty dsp
Accessories:  Whisper White 3/8 taffeta ribbon, Iridescent Ice embossing powder
Tools:  heat tool, scallop trim border punch, square punch

11 comments:

  1. Rita, I am with you! I think Wisteria looks gorgeous with Wonderful Wisteria. I think they were made for each other.

    I think you did a wonderful job with this set. The snipped ends of the sentiment provide a fabulous juxtaposition of angles to the circles on the background.

    Fabulous job
    So glad you joined the Paper Players again this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rita! (*can you see me waving at you, cuz I am*) This came out beautifully! Love how Wisteria pairs so well with Concord. You are making me giddy with excitement for my preorder to arrive tomorrow. :) I really like how your banner sentiment compliments the stamped images so well. Looks awesome! Thanks for joining the PP's this week. Sending you a big hug! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! So jealous you have your stuff! I'm still waiting for my box to arrive, but it should be here today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card - I like the snipped banner as well. It is such a nice contrast with the rounded stamped images and the scalloped edge border.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Rita! This is so pretty! I love the colours (the new one is gorgeous) and I love that you tied the ribbon so simply, it allows the stamping to take centre stage!!! So happy you joined us at the PP!!!
    Hugs,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I can't wait to see this set IRL! Gorgeous! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players Kind Thanks challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card looks fantastic Rita! I love what you have done with that doilie stamp. Thanks for playing along with us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rita!! Doilies!!! I love your card and how you paired it with the Wisteria! Thanks for playing with us this week at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh! What a fabby color combo! I LOVE it! Miss you...but it won't be long until Convention time! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players! I'm glad you joined us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummy--doilies and wisteria! Love it paired with Concord. Such a beautifully simple and elegant card, Rita. So glad you could join us again--miss you! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Rita,
    Just nodding my head with everyone - I LOVE this color combo! It's so neat to see these doilies used in a classic design that's SO elegant and beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)