Friday, January 13, 2012

FM41: Thank You Flower

So here is the "Mashup" Challenge :
  1. Make a "Thank You" themed Project.
  2. Or Make a project "Using Designer/Patterned Paper".
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a "Thank You project with Designer/Patterned Paper".
It's Friday, so time for a new challenge from The Friday Mashup!   This week's challenge was put forth by Lesley and it is a perfect one for this time of year.   If you are like me, you are a bit behind on those Thank You cards for Christmas and could use a kick in the butt to get them finished.  :)    


After battling a bit of food poisoning, I was a bit wiped out yesterday.  I decided to keep my card fairly simple; that's best anyway because I need to do quite a few of them.  I started with black and vanilla, but I plan on trying a range of colors today.  I'll be sure to post the successful attempts.  :)   I seriously love my Fun Flowers die.  I had been wanting to use it on the First Edition designer paper and I love the result.   I recently got the Boho Blossoms punch and I love how it finishes off the center of the flowers.   It doesn't show up well in the picture, but the whole card is shimmery as I sprayed it with my homemade shimmer mist.  

I hope you'll find the time to join us this week!  

14 comments:

  1. Your card come out great Rita! I love the shimmer on the background and the flower looks terrific.

    Hope you are feeling much better today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rita, I'm glad you're over that food poisoning and all is well with you and Bub!

    This card is just so elegant, I'm sure the shimmer lifts that black beautifully.

    Gorgeous flower.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the combination of flower dies! Gotta try that myself! I always love black and white (or vanilla) projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That flower is gorgeous with the black center and I love the embossed background! A very elegant card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh, is this ever pretty! So rich and elegant and I just love the newsprint flower. Boo to food poisoning...I hope you are feeling better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhhh I love this. A nice little touch of elegance.

    Sorry to hear you had food poisoning. How awful. Hope you're feeling lots better now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. luv this card, the flower is stunning..soooo sweet...hope you have a fabulous week!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the simplicity of this, Rita!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW this came out great... It's gorgeous, you'd never know you were feeling a bit under the weather.. I'm glad you are feeling better. Boo to food poisoning. I love that flower you mad and against that black background it's stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very Chic card. Love the embossing and the fab flower in newsprint. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. ugg food poisoning, I hope you are feeling better. Love your card, that flower is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card Rita! Sorry you were sick!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooooooooo great card just my colours so sorry you was sick still not well here with this stupid flue hope you dont get it Luv Sue x

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)