Wednesday, January 11, 2012

FMS 17: Blue Valentine


It is my week to host the challenge at Freshly Made Sketches and here is the sketch I came up with to challenge everyone.  I was excited because I saw a reason to pull out my new favorite thing, the Tasteful Trim die!   I am definitely happy that I picked it to use my awesome birthday discount on from Stampin' Up!   It is such a great die; who doesn't LOVE rick rack?!  


I decided to continue my efforts to get a lot of Valentine's Day cards made up.   I took the colors from the the Pals Paper Arts color challenge (Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy, Very Vanilla) and came up with this card.   I do have to go back and straighten up that crooked rick rack, but just pretend it is straight, okay?  :)    I wanted to leave off the ribbon and bling to make it a truly masculine card, but I felt that it really need SOMETHING and that ended up being rhinestones!  

I hope you'll come play along with us this week!    

16 comments:

  1. Love your masculine valentine's. It's lovely to see different colours used and of course it's also a lovely design. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really wonderful, Rita. The rhinestones were the perfect addition! Thanks so much for a great sketch this week!

    Jen Timko

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your sketch - and love the Blue Valentine! Tell me again why I haven't used my new Tasteful Trim Die yet??? The rick-rack is so cute! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great sketch and lovin' that rick rack Rita! The colours are wonderful for a love card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your masculine valentine's card Rita. Gee I wish we got the same catalogue as you - that rick rack is really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice masculine Valentine, I love the colour combination and texture you used. Fantastic rick rack, I need to use my punch more often, this card is great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhh I love this masculine Valentine's card Rita. No red in sight. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. First of all I want to thank you for giving us all a fabulous sketch this week! And second I'll thank you for showing us a fantastic Valentine's card made with these colors! I never would have thought of blues for this holiday but you totally rocked this card! And using the different embossing folders is inspired! I love everything about this - and I didn't even notice your crooked rick rack!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, Rita! I love the embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a unique Valentine's card...

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty, Rita! The embossing is a fabulous touch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great Valentines card ... I love the shades of blue, the masculine texture on the hearts and rik rak are the perfect accompaniments for this great guy card! Awesome work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this card done it the blues. Really nice! Great sketch, too. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing a great sketch this week. I really enjoy the blue valentine and all of the different layers and textures on the hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow i just love this card and the colour looks like ive missed alot again !!!! Luv Sue x

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)