Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Inspiration Stamping


I found some really cute baby bedding on clearance at Target today and I went ahead and picked it up.   They didn't have all the pieces, so I will have to go check out the other Target near me tomorrow to see if they might!   I love gray and yellow together and had been thinking about that combination for the room.   I hope I didn't jinx myself by buying something so early.   

Anyway, I wanted to stamp a bit more today so I decided to go make a card inspired by the bedding!   I think it turned out really cute too.   


Stamps:  Fox & Friends, Petite Pairs
Ink:  Basic Gray
Paper:  Basic Gray, Whisper White (textured), So Saffron
Tools/Accessories:  Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, Designer Frames embossing folder, XL Oval punch, Basic Gray 3/8 taffeta ribbon (retired)

I'm not sure Jason is looking forward to all the painting, but at least it will just be one color this time!  I'm thinking gray walls and yellow curtains right now!  If anyone has any ideas for wall decor, please share!   I wanted to try and make a few things myself to put in there, but we'll see how that goes. I'm not very crafty with decor items.  I know I want to get a tree (vinyl wall art) to go on the wall behind the crib, but that's about all I've come up with so far.  

Before I go, isn't the matching mobile just adorable?  

6 comments:

  1. Adorable items! I never would have thought the gray and yellow would be cute together but it sure is! Are you thinking light gray walls or a darker gray?

    I love shopping for baby stuff, its so much fun!

    Love the card and the way you framed the giraffe looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome color combo! And what a wonderful card! Totally CASE'ing it! Just a word of caution on gray walls... depending on the light situation, it might look drab. You might want to reverse your scheme and do yellow on the walls and gray curtains. I am loving your excitement. I am so glad you will be sharing your journey with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute. I wouldn't have thought of gray and yellow together. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous little goodies you've picked up. Loving the grey and lemon colour combo. Unless you're going for a really light light grey on your walls I'm thinking it may darken the room a little too - maybe reverse the walls and curtains as suggested above?

    Plus grey curtains will keep the light out better - for nap times.

    Have lots and lots of fun decorating. I too am loving your excitement. Keep it coming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning colour combo for babys room and the card Luv Sue x

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)