Wednesday, January 18, 2012

FMS 18: Candy!


My buddy Linda has a fun new sketch for everyone this week at Freshly Made Sketches.  I love simple sketches because it really allows my mind to think up so many possibilities!    I did struggle to narrow down what I wanted to do this week, but as I was waking up yesterday I got an idea for a card.   I love when that happens.  

My idea was to make a shaker card using the Candy Conversations a la carte stamp from the new Mini catalog.   I LOVE candy hearts, so this stamp was on my very first order from the catalog.  Unfortunately, it didn't turn out quite like what I wanted as I am not feeling very creative lately.   I know I had mentioned that I wanted to stamp every day this month, but it just hasn't happened.  Hopefully I will get around to doing it a bit more. I've just been so discouraged with my results lately that I've been avoiding my room.   I do think I'll try the idea again in some different colors.  Pretty in Pink is just not a color that I like that much so maybe that's why I'm not loving my card.

I hope you'll come play along with us this week!   I'm off to find some candy now.   :)  

I'll try to post a few pictures of the new things I picked up for the baby this week and some ideas I had for the wall color of the nursery.   I know a few of you warned me about the gray, but Pinterest has me determined to make it happen!  

18 comments:

  1. I think it's a very cute card Rita. You just need to try to appreciate the colour pink more (especially now, because there's a good chance that will be her favourite colour!)
    Love the colourful candy hearts inside the shaker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's a gorgeous design. The navy compliments the pink perfectly and I'm loving all the hearts. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you kidding me?? This is wildly creative and stinkin' cute, Sassy! What a clever idea to make a heart shaker card and I love the tone on tone hearts in the background. Fantastic card, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable! I love the idea of making this into a shaker card. And all those little hearts are precious. You did a great job with the sketch. Good luck with getting your stamping mojo back - it's tough to feel motivated in the winter. Keep stamping! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those shake-able hearts :) And I'm with Nance - the hearts on the side panel are a wonderful detail! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Rita.. I hope your candy tatsted good :) I loved seeing your card. I would not have thought of pink and blue but they look great together. And your card really has style and a sweet elegance to it. So well done. Don`t be to hard on yourself. :) I am sure it will give a smile on someone`s face..
    Have a beautiful rest of your day!
    Inky hugs, Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH MY!!!! Rita when I saw your card this week I thought, what a COOL card! I have never made a shaker card, you always create the neatest projects!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now following! I found you via stampin connection.

    This very cute. I love the conversation hearts you made.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well I think this is inspired! Love it!

    Jen Timko

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love love LOVE this card!! I love the shaker!! And there's a stamp set with those little sayings on there! Too Cool!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is so cute, I love all those hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderfull card and colours Luv Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fantastic card Rita! I LOVE conversation hearts - they're my favorite Valentine candy! Great idea to incorporate a shaker heart into the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my word, Rita...this is awesome! It totally looks like a pack of candy hearts. The no calories kind, so it's even better!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is fantastic, Rita! I love the colors and the hearts in the sweetheart cups as well as on the panel itself - what incredible detail!!!! Hope you are enjoying San Antonio!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I agree. Fantastic card. Such a cute and clever way to showcase the 'candy' hearts. Thanks for sharing! This is a CASE'ing card, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  17. How cute is this card? So fun!!! I haven't been feeling very creative lately either, hoping my mojo comes back soon!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)