Sunday, January 29, 2012

Just Add Kathy!

I hope you don't pass out when you see this post!   I actually did a challenge that I'm NOT on the design team for!   It feels like forever since I've done that.   I just had to play along with this one though.   The challenge this week at Just Add Ink is to CASE my awesome friend Kathy!   So, I did!  :)

Here's the card of Kathy's that I picked to do:

IMG_2815

Gorgeous, huh? I thought so.  In fact, I got bought the square punch just to make similar cards!   I just hadn't found the time to do one yet, so this challenge was perfect!  I wanted to do a birthday card for mine, and here is what I ended up with:


My pictures never turn out that great anymore, but I promise this is just stunning in person.   I combined some of my favorite sets, both current and retired, along with one of my favorite colors, Early Espresso.    I didn't have the Neutrals brads, so I used some of the much-neglected Vintage Trinkets instead.   I think it turned out wonderfully and now I'm thinking up other stamp sets that would work with this design.   Thanks so much Kathy for the inspiration! 

Stamps:  Gently Falling (R), All Holidays (R), French Foliage
Ink:  Early Espresso
Paper:  Early Espresso, Naturals White
Tools/Accessories:  Big Shot, Framed Tulips embossing folder, sponges, 1 3/8 square punch, Vintage Trinkets

15 comments:

  1. Ooh it's gorgeous Rita. What a great idea to do it with leaves and I love that you used that "splodgy" stamp from French Foliage too, it looks wonderful on there. I may have to case that back from you :)
    I'm so glad you found something of mine you wanted to case and thanks for playing at JAI on my special week.
    I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beau-T-Ful! You did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, wow! This is unreal. I love the images you chose Rita.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning Rita!! Gorgeous use of those leaves and the sponging is fabulous--it really makes the embossing jump out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhh, both cards are just stunning, you picked a lovely card to CASE and your card came out just as beautiful Rita!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Rita. Lovely use of the stamps. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this design...I may need to case it, LOL.

    I'm following from SC.

    Have a great week,
    Stephanie
    http://stampnsteph.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rita this is stunning, love all of it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card and layout is one of my favourites from Kathy's blog and I am glad I didn't end up CASEing this one as that was the stamp set I had in mind to use too! Love your card and thanks for playing along at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Definitely a show stopper Rita! The images are just perfect for that gentle vintage style. Beautiful. Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is fabulous! It stood out at me in the linky parade---as Kim says, definitely a "show stopper"! I haven't done a JAI challenge for a while and I am too late for this one, but it sure looks like a fun technique for the future.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, wow, wow!!! Right into my CASE files! This is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous CASE of Kathys card Rita! Thanks so much for playing along with us at JAI this week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love, love, love this card! I already pinned it, and hope to CASE it soon!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)