Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Special Request

As a maker of cards, I know how much one of them can mean to someone going through a rough patch.   Today I'll be sending out a birthday card to an amazing lady who does so much for others.   If you are a frequent reader or friend, you probably know that we lost our only child almost 3 years ago to a disease called spinal muscular atrophy.  MJ is a survivor of SMA and will turn 24 on the 8th of this month.   She and her caregiver Brenda are absolutely amazing.  They coordinate many fundraisers for various SMA organizations and also make and send out blankets to newly diagnosed families.   MJ is currently in the hospital and will be spending her birthday there. To make her day a bit brighter, she would love lots and lots of cards.   I'm getting ready to put mine in the mail and I thought I'd see if some of my readers might also send one for her.   If you have an extra one you've made on hand, that would be awesome, but any type of card would bring a smile.  

Here is the address of the hospital if you have a moment to do this:
Nationwide Children's Hospital
c/o MJ Purk
700 Children's Dr. 5 Tower Room #5121
Columbus, OH 43205



Thanks so much!
Rita

9 comments:

  1. Dropping one in the mail tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic idea, Rita - I'll try to drop one in the mail tomorrow after work as I'll have time to create then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay Rita, I am in and will send one tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mine will come all the way from Australia, so it will be late but it's going in the post tomorrow! Fabulous idea Rita.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My card will go out today! Thanks for sharing her touching story. I hope she will receive lots and lots of cards and that they will brighten her day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll go through my stash tonight and find one to put in the mail to her. What a wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in too Rita ... mine will be late due to the international distance, but I'll be there too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sent it out this afternoon! Also went to the website.....wow.....so heartfelt and heartwrenching at the same time. It's a wonderful idea though as a way to bring comfort.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)