Friday, January 20, 2012

FM42: Lovely Heart

So here is the "Mashup" Challenge :
  1. Make a project featuring "Paper Piercing".
  2. Or Make a project using the colors "Blushing Bride, Riding Hood Red & Early Espresso".
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a project using the colors "Blushing Bride, Riding Hood Red & Early Espresso with some Paper Piercing" .
It's Friday, which means a new challenge from The Friday Mashup!   I am the hostess this week and I'm excited to share my fun challenge.   You already know that I've been stuck on Valentine's Day cards, so my challenge includes some fun colors that are just perfect for those.   However, if you are not really lovin' your Valentine right now, this challenge is also for you.   You can work out some of that anger and frustration by paper piercing!  :)    


For my card, I used the sketch from this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch to help get me going.  I also used a new product, the Lots of Love letterpress plate!   It looked so pretty that I was a bit sad to cover up all that Early Espresso.   I definitely want to make a card that will let that part shine, so stay tuned.   I love the look of the letterpress plates with Versamark.   So, so pretty!    Other than that touch, I kept it pretty clean, simple, and sweet!  Not much stamping at all in fact.  :)

Stamps:  Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink:  Versamark, Riding Hood Red
Paper:  Riding Hood Red, Blushing Bride, Early Espresso, In Color Hostess DSP stack (retired)
Tools/Accessories:  Big Shot, Lots of Love letterpress plate, Scalloped Heart of Hearts embosslit, Full Heart punch, Itty Bitty Punch pack, Mat Pack, Paper Piercing tool, Riding Hood Red ribbon (retired), Basic Pearls

I'll be heading out today for a fun weekend in San Antonio!   I can't wait to attend the Regional event and hang out with some of my fellow demonstrators.   Blogging has really blessed me with some amazing friends and I sure hope they aren't afraid of hugs because I am a hugger.  :)

10 comments:

  1. I *love* the color combination. I think I'm finally feeling a bit inspired by it even :)
    Your card is beautiful, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pretty card Rita! I can see the letter plate design faintly. Looking forward to seeing it again. Great challenge this week! have fun at Regionals, hug the gals for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty, Rita. I love the embossing (or debossing) and the pretty heart with the tiny flower and pearl. The paper piercing really adds wow to the card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rita, I love the crsip look of your card! Somewhere, I have some of that taffeta ribbon...gotta hunt for it now! I see the letterpress,and may end up ordering one this coming week! Thanks for the fun challenge! Have a blast in San Antonio...and give lots of hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice Rita, I love the heart and I like the effect of the letterpress plate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great card Rita! I love the touch of black and that little flower with the pearl is a wonderful accent!

    Great challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an adorable V-day card!! Love the flower and pearl inside the heart!!!

    And all the piercing is fab!!!!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm having a love hate relationship with those letterpress plates right now.. I can't seem to get them to do what I want them too..lol I really like how yours came out It's just subtle in the background. Great use of the color combo.. This was a fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this card - so clean and sweet! The flower and pearl are perfect. At first I read you were not a hugger.... well, that's not how I remember it! :) LOL! So great to meet you, sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)