Thursday, April 18, 2013

Distressed Butterflies


Laila took a long nap today so I was able to get in my room and stamp!  I figured that was okay since I had both the washer and the dishwasher going, right?   ;)   I decided to work on this fun sketch from Stampin' Celebration.  


I ended up going down a distressed vintage road for some reason.  Not my norm, but the doily seems make me want to do that.  Did you notice the green?  PEAR PIZZAZZ!  I'm so, so excited about it's return.  Now if they'd replaced Old Olive with Lucky Limeade I'd be even more excited.  Lots of retired stuff on this one, so don't shoot me.  I have so much stuff in my room and I need to use it.   

Stamps:  Something to Celebrate (retired)
Ink: Early Espresso, Soft Suede
Paper:  Early Espresso, Whisper White, Early Espresso Coredinations (retired), Neutrals DSP stack. In Color Hostess stack (retired)
Accessories:  Paper Doilies, Basic Pearls
Tools:  Big Shot, Beautiful Wings embosslit, Distressing Tool, Color Spritzing Tool, Sanding Tool, sponges, stapler


This was on one of our rough days this week.  We'd been up a lot at night and were all so tired.  I had finally crashed out for a nap and when I woke up, this was what I found.   Aren't they sweet?   She is one lucky little girl to have such an amazing dad.   She finally settled down and slept great last night, but her naps yesterday were short.  I am hoping that she'll sleep again tonight, but you just never know lately.   She's been asleep for over an hour and a half now so I don't know what's going on with her.  

4 comments:


  1. This is gorgeous!! I love the all of the distressing and inking! So pretty!! And I'm sad about Lucky Limeade as well... but happy about Pear Pizzazz!! So glad that you joined us this month at Stampin' Celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, love the distressing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card!! I love the antique distressed technique and anything with a butterfly is a winner in my book!! Thanks for sharing with SC!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card Rita!! I like all the layers and textures you used. What did you do to the butterflies? I can tell there is something going on! Oh, and yes, I agree, it was a good time to get in your craft room and play! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)